Slimming

Members online

No members online now.
We had to pay to have our boot sbeeswaxed..... the OC said 'Gosh... look at those boots. Has he beeswaxed them?'

'Looks like it Sir', said the man who'd done it. 'Not done a very good job of it either.'

And that was me forty quid down and a whole day's beasting.
Hahaha, you’ve got to laugh. A few days before our pass off parade 1 of the corporals had a can of cpl (clear protective lacquer) he probly paid 2/3 quid from Halfords for it, he charged the whole platoon £5 each to spray over the toe caps we’d spent months bulling up then it all faded and melted on the day as it was red hot then we all got a bollocking

Hahaha, you’ve got to laugh. A few days before our pass off parade 1 of the corporals had a can of cpl (clear protective lacquer) he probly paid 2/3 quid from Halfords for it, he charged the whole platoon £5 each to spray over the toe caps we’d spent months bulling up then it all faded and melted on the day as it was red hot then we all got a bollocking

Take a pint with you some time Pal, when I'm in the area.

We had to pay to have our boot sbeeswaxed..... the OC said 'Gosh... look at those boots. Has he beeswaxed them?'

'Looks like it Sir', said the man who'd done it. 'Not done a very good job of it either.'

And that was me forty quid down and a whole day's beasting.
Wouldn't fancy any of that! I take my hat off to you all. As you said earlier, you don't regret it, It's part of who you are.

2772DD01-8FBF-43DE-8777-E84CB0C6D9E4.png

That was me at the gym today, absolutely blasted it. Mostly cross trainer, bike and punch bag with a few sets of weights thrown in. Could hardly walk at end of it.

Wouldn't fancy any of that! I take my hat off to you all. As you said earlier, you don't regret it, It's part of who you are.

Do you honestly think that me or @Tinytom would have fancied any of that if we'd known what we were in for?

That's why you have to sign up for 3 years at least.

Do you honestly think that me or @Tinytom would have fancied any of that if we'd known what we were in for?

4 years for us. Then 12 months notice after you’ve signed off. If I could I’d go back and do it all again though, wouldn’t change a thing

@chris hollidge ... I'll tell you who did fancy a bit of that was my f**k**g old man.

He was tired of the police banging on the door and when the army came calling to IOM college, he thought it was a marvellous idea.

'Where do I sign,' he said. 'Do you want a lift to the recruiting office? You can borrow my suitcase. No hurry for it back.'

No point honking to him about bullying corporals.

4 years for us. Then 12 months notice after you’ve signed off. If I could I’d go back and do it all again though, wouldn’t change a thing

So far as I can remember it was open engagement which kicked in when you were 18.... and that was 3 years.... I have a feeling that it changed a bit from 3 to 4..... I dunno, it didn't effect me because I did more than that anyway.

You serious?

There's a little bit of recreational marching to do if you are?????
aee-fan-dance.jpg

I’m in. I’d like to do something mental, not mad but mental stamina; the question of how much I have intrigues me because I don’t know the answer. I used to run a lot years ago 8/10 miles a pop. I’d like to build that up again.

The only test of stamina I’ve had since is years later doing the Manchester 10k with no training, a humongous hangover and a fag hanging out of my mouth at the start. What a dick. Did it in an hour though which I thought good for my then level of fitness lol!

This fan dance would be a cool TPF challenge, possibly worthy of @Olican ‘s next wonderful charity event and could raise some funds

I’m in. I’d like to do something mental, not mad but mental stamina; the question of how much I have intrigues me because I don’t know the answer. I used to run a lot years ago 8/10 miles a pop. I’d like to build that up again.

The only test of stamina I’ve had since is years later doing the Manchester 10k with no training, a humongous hangover and a fag hanging out of my mouth at the start. What a dick. Did it in an hour though which I thought good for my then level of fitness lol!

This fan dance would be a cool TPF challenge, possibly worthy of @Olican ‘s next wonderful charity event and could raise some funds

Who's in?

@Tinytom can lead the way, surely?

Gonna hold you to this.....

Could I do the same distance on. A treadmill at my local gym surrounded by cheering lasses in Lycra (absolutely no fatties), I only ask because it looks a tad chilly in @Stevieo ’s picture, and I’d be worried that my jumper wouldn’t be warm enough.........:fuckyou:

No problem! What date are we aiming for?? I’m relatively fit but I def need to get more into fitness if I’m going to do this justice

The summer one is probably best now.
I'd be up for raising some funds. I'm not as fit as I used to be but like the idea of doing something worthwhile. It is walking up it.? Love cycling, hate running.

You can do whatever you like. It's load bearing...30lb or 35 or something. Check the site. There's also some savage climbing bits that you pretty much have to crawl up so it's more or less the case that you walk it as fast as you can.

This is TPF, not 22SAS so if it happens, we'll do it as a team and move at the pace of @lurpak who'll be the fattest/slowest man.

The summer one is probably best now.

You can do whatever you like. It's load bearing...30lb or 35 or something. Check the site. There's also some savage climbing bits that you pretty much have to crawl up so it's more or less the case that you walk it as fast as you can.

This is TPF, not 22SAS so if it happens, we'll do it as a team and move at the pace of @lurpak who'll be the fattest/slowest man.

Swap the hare for a burger and put your house on me to win