Skimming a ceiling with holes for downlights already cut .

Members online

Watto66

The holes are a pain I know , would fibre taping over the holes and cutting it out after work ? Or any other ways round it ?

The holes are a pain I know , would fibre taping over the holes and cutting it out after work ? Or any other ways round it ?

Just paint the bare edge of the board inside of the hole with a bit of pva or sbr it'll stop you dragging dried finish out the holes and ploughing it across the ceiling.
Just remember to clean them out before it sets and maybe a pair of safety glasses cause you can't cure gravity.

There is a product on here designed by @Danny with self cutting laser technology, which gives you perfect finish every time and timer so you don’t forget them in place. They are not waterproof, yet, still in developing stage, so make sure you don’t have any buckets with water underneath.

There is a product on here designed by @Danny with self cutting laser technology, which gives you perfect finish every time and timer so you don’t forget them in place. They are not waterproof, yet, still in developing stage, so make sure you don’t have any buckets with water underneath.

lol :D :D :D

there is a new product on market

staple that to ceiling.. skim then centre plate cuts out

I simply make it clear that if the sparks wants to make his life easier, and mine harder, it'll be costing them more.
However; getting on well with sparks on current job and offered to put those plasterspot things up if he marked out in time. They worked perfectly and he offered to pay for them he was so impressed.

Them thingemybobs would come in handy if the lights had to be fitted when the board was still a bit soft. I know you shouldn’t mix water and electricity but if you wear rubber gloves fit them get paid and go everybody’s happy
Always test the wires first by placing them on your tongue .
Red to red, black to black & blue to bits