Skim coming off S&C undercoat help needed

They've been great come back not asked for more money etc I don't have a problem with them at all I actually like them nice fellas just concerned about the work and want to tell them what I want done to rectify it - do you agree it looks like the key is the issue?
I'd say is part to blame but more the suction issue.

A few people said thick skim so I measured the bits I hacked off max thickness is 4mm most is 3mm is that ok?

Do you also think the key is the issue?
Yes I do. Pics have already been posted of good devilled key. As suggested elsewhere you could try to give it a key using masonry nails in a float. If not, blue grit will help.
Be ruthless, hack off every single bit that is defective. Apply blue grit or similar, there are a number on the market, get it re-skimmed.
Hope this helps.

Dunno either, but he seems dead keen to do it.........
Tbh I just looked at what he posted previously, back in December time, so I'm thinking something gone tits up on this project, I have not seen s&c so shiny after skim come off of it, hence I thought it might have been renovation plaster put on as someone suggested to him back then, I mean what's the point getting ammunition from a forum to have against your "plasterer" who's willing to rectify everything FOC? I'm baffled by the chain of events

Yes I do. Pics have already been posted of good devilled key. As suggested elsewhere you could try to give it a key using masonry nails in a float. If not, blue grit will help.
Be ruthless, hack off every single bit that is defective. Apply blue grit or similar, there are a number on the market, get it re-skimmed.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much

Dunno either, but he seems dead keen to do it.........
Sorry they are coming back to do it I just wanted to be certain in what I want them to do and how they do it as I have lost confidence in their recommendation even though it was them who suggested blue grit

Tbh I just looked at what he posted previously, back in December time, so I'm thinking something gone tits up on this project, I have not seen s&c so shiny after skim come off of it, hence I thought it might have been renovation plaster put on as someone suggested to him back then, I mean what's the point getting ammunition from a forum to have against your "plasterer" who's willing to rectify everything FOC? I'm baffled by the chain of events
Not looking for ammunition just want to know what they have recommended will work as the are the knew who messed the key up - I'm nkt going to skate them as I said they've been great in coming back I just want the job done right as I currently have 2 bedrooms off and 3 kids sharing a room

Looks very thick skim.
Looks like a tile float was used.
I personally skim sand and cement whilst still "green", most often the day after rendering. Mine has never come off.
Usually the Craic doing site houses, float first day or two, then ceilings them walls, all still green. It's a b*****d when you leave walls a month and the walls dry like blue f**k.

They've been great come back not asked for more money etc I don't have a problem with them at all I actually like them nice fellas just concerned about the work and want to tell them what I want done to rectify it - do you agree it looks like the key is the issue?

Ffs so you have to tell them how to fix it. f**k me

Fuckinell
10356753_790352100987927_30870665934814709_n.jpeg

Ok so would you score it to create a key and then Pva and reskim?

Your over thinking it mate, If it were me id glue it up then skim it, the PVA will sort your suction and give you a bond, If you really want a mechanical key then blue grit it as said but kill a bit of suction first with your glue.
No need to score the wall IMO, when over-skimming normal walls they don't get deviled up, just glued and skimmed, and don't shell.

View attachment 16519 I had walls take back to brick and then S&C undercoat which was left to cure for 4/5 days then 2 coats of thistle multifinish applied

After a couple of weeks a few cracks appeared and then another couple of weeks and a few hollow patches and more cracks

I have removed a patch of skim and it was very easy to get off like it wasn't adheres well to the S&C I have included pics below and tried to go into more detail than in a previous thread

The S&C has no cracks at all in it and is solid no hollow patches it is also an internal wall with no damp can anyone help with why the cracks may have appeared and the skim blown

Could it be the key or should a binding agent have been used over the S&C? If I removed all the skim and applied blue grit before re skimming could that solve the problem?

Just spoke let k British gypsum and they said th S&C undercoat should have been left to dry for weeks is that true? And also a bonding agent used not just multi finish straight into S&C can anyone confirm?

I really appreciate your help in advance

That is a load of tosh from BG, I've done enough sand/cement work over the years and the finish should be applied when the sand/cement is still green to aid suction which a multi is, a low suction plaster.
Should have rubbed with a devilling float not a tilers trowel which allows no grip whatsoever.