site work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpickering89

iv been plastering for about 3 years now and have always just done domestic work. im thinkin about goin on sites, what is the goin rate per meter ????

at the moment probably £1.50 ;D spoke to someone the other day on site and there on £70 a day, bit of a piss take really

i did one today started at 10 and finished at 3 it was only one ceiling .........i prepped it last night and started at 4 and finished at 7.45 that was just putting dust sheets down/covering worktops and gypbonding ...........it always takes longer than you think!!!!!!!!!

i bottled it mate .........and i hate spending 30 odd quid on gypbond :(

sorry lads but if you think your gonna stroll onto site after a few years domestic an start makin a fortune your gonna come unstuck methinks,you gonna have to compete in todays climate,your either fast an good or poor an if you aint earning then your guvnors not then they f$$k you off an get someone who can make them some corn,unless you go patchin for 70-80 a day,last spread i spoke to was getting £1.80 a mtre for scimmin an they wanted quality for that!also works the other way round from site to domestic.

how many meters can u do a day on site ?? and how much do they expect you to do.
i dont plaster on site mate im not fast enough,i make my way outside,but ill give you an idea what you gonna be up against,say im dashin,polimer render ill manage a small semi with someone mixing an cleaning,fast yes,no,that might make £320-£360,ive gotta pay the labour,plus your only gonna do that at best 4 times a week what with loading stone and powder,o an you get zero if it pisses down plus i have to make good any weather damage and patching for nought,happy days in the winter eh? :'(

thats good going mate, do you have a lad laying on infront of you? ..........also e.g what if other trades start drilling holes in the wall mate ,do you still have to make it good??

no mate ill spread an throw,remember im talking poly dashing not s&c,insidental damage not my probs,(its only 30-35 bags nicks an youve got all day with poly so dont get the idea im some sort of big bo$$ocks cause im not)

no mate ill spread an throw,remember im talking poly dashing not s&c,insidental damage not my probs,(its only 30-35 bags nicks an youve got all day with poly so dont get the idea im some sort of big bo$$ocks cause im not)

Never used Poly, do you get alot longer with it than s&c? I do alot of dashing on new builds up in Scotland with s&c just me and a labourer and have always manged ok, but wouldn't mind trying the the Poly stuff.

Never used Poly, do you get alot longer with it than s&c? I do alot of dashing on new builds up in Scotland with s&c just me and a labourer and have always manged ok, but wouldn't mind trying the the Poly stuff.
mate if you can dash with s&c then poly dash is easy,ill guess at half the work half the weight an twice the drying time an light weight morter to boot think of dasshin into something as light as brownin at about 8mm deep,an thats to a dry backin mostly,pluss no edge work,(dont tell anyone how easy that might be cause all the young uns on here wiil be nickin my work)

is it the k-rend receiver coat mate?
all sorts mate,mr,weber,eglinton,weatherby,an to be honest there all really the same,only difference being you can cheat a bit with some more than others

mate if you can dash with s&c then poly dash is easy,ill guess at half the work half the weight an twice the drying time an light  weight morter to boot think of dasshin into something as light as brownin at about 8mm deep,an thats to a dry backin mostly,pluss no edge work,(dont tell anyone how easy that might be cause all the young uns on here wiil be nickin my work)

Sounds really nice to work with, I'l have to use it on the next dashing job I get. Bet it costs alot more than s&c though!

been working on sites for 22 years now with the same firm at the minute we get 2.75 a metre skim 5.50 float and set been earning between 750 and 1k for the last 4 years now nice and steady for a book man get hoilday pay based on average pay happy days .......

Tommy

Per week yeah ?
;D thats right, me and tommy work together, finish at 3 everyday but on friday its 1. its easy to earn your money. talking 2 our boss he says we've never had it so good, we've got 7 big jobs just starting. so were set up for another year,

true .............do you lads do much hardwall?
we used 2 do it all the time. i bet in the last five years, we've done 2 15 week jobs, we like using hardwall and we've got a job starting in december that hardwall

ever used (or seen) a jodymix bingo? looking at one the other night, tasty bit of kit for hardwalling i reckon

ever used (or seen) a jodymix bingo? looking at one the other night, tasty bit of kit for hardwalling i reckon
never seen or heard of one, tommy was on about a drill with 2 paddels the other day, he said that looked good

google it fella, self mixing, put a hose in a water butt, tip a bag into it and let it go, £600 for a new one and won't mix finish but if you do alot of hardwall its worth a look

A mate of mine got a joddy he reckons they are quality, i was working with him about 4-5 years ago and he was doing 15-20 bags of hardwall a day and skimming it on his own with just a megamix so he must be doing more now, but its like anything you gotta have the runs for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.