Site monkeys/Skimmers vs "proper plasterers"

Members online

1543943584837.png

170 metres in a ten hour day is 17 metres an hour or just under 6 boards an hour, if you think this is impossible it says more about you than it does about me

Like I said, it wasn't a full 170m lay on, we got the measure threw doors and windows but 170m was what I got for that day
I didn't say it was impossible, I said that it was impressive.
By the way my maths was correct.

I hear his digits are Good! So I wouldn’t question it WIZ-ARD

Well I take my hat off to you. 170sqm in a
7-5 day equates to 1sqm completed every
3 1/2 minutes. That's two coats and, I'm guessing, three passes of the trowel over a SQM every 210 seconds not allowing for time to mix up or go for a piss.
Super impressive.
I definitely couldn't have come anywhere near that even in my prime.

Completing 1 Square metre in 7 minutes doesn't seem tough once you have enough on to drop back and flatten

2 lads the same age.

In the late 00s both work on site, on price for a very poor rate.

1 of the lads (A) goes at it like billy’o day in day out earns decent money, bit rough but mouths off to anyone that listens he earns £140/£150 a day.

The second lad (B) earns not quite as much but still does £120 on price, better quality of work but doesn’t like the H&S, arguing over decent area and the general sh1te that comes with site work

Lad B goes off, does domestic, earns a good wage, good reputation and learns all aspects of the trade.

Lad B then sets up his own business and employs other to do the graft

Lad B then earns £150 before 9am as he drops his kids to school as he has 15 lad A’s all towing their bag out, cold and covered in s**t.

Morale of the story...... don’t be Lad A

Last edited:
Your saying its 3 and half minutes to lay on 1 Square metre

210 seconds to trowel up that square metre

All do able once you add in you will be trowelling up far more than 1 sq metre in each 210 second pass

I bet there was about 50 sqm in doors . Pmsl. There’s an average of 2 sqm in a door and window . Maths maybe not your forte. Even though you got paid the measure through you didn’t actually spread it on . My old boss used to plasterers are strong in the arm but weak in the head .

Each studio had one door and two windows mate, go on take 30 metres out of the 170ms for your windows and doors even though we got paid for them and 140m2 still sounds like it's a lot more than any of you boys can handle

Each studio had one door and two windows mate, go on take 30 metres out of the 170ms for your windows and doors even though we got paid for them and 140m2 still sounds like it's a lot more than any of you boys can handle
What you getting £ a sqm . Around £2.50 -£.2.70 my area

What online like. Can't cope with games like cod as its like a free for all. Be nice having a death match with 3 or 4 players where you need to be sneaky rather then shooting f**k out everything
No the game itself playing the story. Only done a bit online but it looks good too.

Don't worry fellas id be annoyed as well if I had been doing something 15 years and was considerably slower than the lads who had only been doing it half that time

I'm a site monkey/skimmer only ever done the other useless stuff at college during apprenticeship.

This is for all the self proclaimed -
"proper plasterers"
"I'm a old school plasterer"
"no mixes past 2 o'clock types"

Why are u lot so slow on sites?

Us younger lads will 90 percent of the time smash the old school types all day long on site meterage and pick up far more money
What a prick.can you so called one coaters float &skim or tack &dab.

You can do it whith speed skim I'd say if your on it every day but m8 I would not think your s**t ods if you think you can skim over wallpaper lol

You can do it whith speed skim I'd say if your on it every day but m8 I would not think your s**t ods if you think you can skim over wallpaper lol

Surely you must have realised I was on the wind up asking lads what my chances were like triple pvaing a wall and skriming the wallpaper seams and hitting it with a mix of dry wall and multi finish