Shite finish bags

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not Danny? if nothing else it would stop all these moaners!!:censored::censored::coffee:

If they go in plastic then you will find that merchants will store them outside In the yard and then bg will need to factor in sudden drops of temperature and frosts etc... direct sunlight... also there is a carbon footprint to think about as well :)

At least with paper they need to be inside and gives the finish a better chance of a stable environment

Thats the point of putting them in plastic bags, isn't it, i know a few merchants who store their plaster in, lets say not so weather tight sheds, the drop in temp wouldn't affect the plaster, cold temps only affect mixed plaster because of ice crystals forming in the water due to low temps, unsure how direct sunlight would affect bag powder? Having plastic bags would save on waste due to a. torn ripped bags in merchants b. water damaged bags being replaced or skipped, probably offsetting the carbon foot print you talk about, in fact i'm sure bags made from recycled plastic could be probably be used to further enhance the green credentials. Having bags that you could store outside, that don't rip, and that may even enhance the useabe life of the product is the eutopia i'm looking for, so i can actually use every bag i pick up and buy.:D:tarjetaroja:

If they go in plastic then you will find that merchants will store them outside In the yard and then bg will need to factor in sudden drops of temperature and frosts etc... direct sunlight... also there is a carbon footprint to think about as well :)

it seems to work for cement - i'm sure British gypsum could pilot a scheme , then if it works it work or if it fails it fails at least we will know if its the future

We got a delivery today from CCF the bags were fine, like someone said on here b&q get them that cheap that they give them all the shite!

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1446745615.281142.jpg

3rd one out of 5 that just disintegrated on me today all over kitchen floor fookin dog shite[emoji35]

Dear Jeanclaudevangyproc thank you for your help. Unfortunately no one else has brought this to our attention therefore you must be talking shite. Our bags are the dogs b*ll***s.

Yours nongiving a shittingly

British gypsum

Sent from my Nokia 3310 whilst having a poo

Think it depends on how people handle them? Its just paper.lol
bonding bags seem to rip more often for me.

Every bag I've opened this week has ripped! But I think the weather might have something to do with it,... I think because it's damp and cold the paper is going shite

It doesn't help when the property your working in has no central heating... I don't no if this is the actual problem with the bags but I think there's a good chance it's not helping [emoji58]

I understand what your saying with no heating in the property but those bags were moved 3 times max from merchants to mixing and it was in a property that was lived in and warm ,it just pisses me off they are like something out of mission impossible self destruct mode comes on when took off the pallet and it's a game of Russian roulette when ones gonna go !also frank mate I don't go around suplexing the bags like some wwf wrestler [emoji1]I've been plastering long enough to notice the bags have become shite I don't care what anyone says

@Danny Why do you always make excuses for BG mate ? Theres a massive problem with their products which is obvious if you use their stuff day in day out, the problem isn't and will never be resolved because they don't give two hoots about the folk that have no choice but to line their pockets.

I haven't had too many issues with the gear itself but the bags are dog eggs.

@Danny Why do you always make excuses for BG mate ?

For the same reason BG don't sort the bags out. BG sponsor the forum, so @Danny can't/won't point out or agree with their failings. BG won't sort out the issue as they have no financial incentive to do so. People keep buying the plaster so it's not reducing sales, and if you're of a cynical outlook you might say they are selling more plaster because 10% ends up on the floor and has to be replaced.

@Danny Why do you always make excuses for BG mate ?

I work really closely with them and can see the changes and what they are doing to address situations and yes a number of times there are miscommunication issues between one hand and the other.

For the same reason BG don't sort the bags out. BG sponsor the forum, so @Danny can't/won't point out or agree with their failings. BG won't sort out the issue as they have no financial incentive to do so. People keep buying the plaster so it's not reducing sales, and if you're of a cynical outlook you might say they are selling more plaster because 10% ends up on the floor and has to be replaced.
thats why those carry handle thingy things are been advertised next to the pallets of finish and they can only carry 20kg.................no flies on BG

av not seen any merchants storing magnetic plastic outside...........................so , right back at you Daniel Son @Danny

I can and do point them out... more often than gets seen :D

I wasn't criticising your actions, you no doubt have contractual and moral obligations to your sponsor, which is fair enough. BG will have the same to their share holders, and they're in business to make money, which is also fair enough. What annoys people more than anything IMHO is bullshit and being taken for fools by implication.

If BG simply said "We're in business to make money. We're doing that and we aren't going to rush to make changes because it will cost us money." that would be refreshing. It's not as if anyone's going to stop using it as you struggle to find an alternative at the vast majority of suppliers.

If you point out their failings where it can't be seen, you shouldn't be surprised that people take it as you siding with BG rather than the forum members. Absolutely none of my business I know, but I would suggest not commenting at all on contentious issues with sponsors. Remaining neutral will offend no one, and it's worked pretty well as a strategy fo Switzerland. :envidioso

yeh, Danny............................jog on sunshine..................................:tarjetaroja:

If you point out their failings where it can't be seen, you shouldn't be surprised that people take it as you siding with BG rather than the forum members. Absolutely none of my business I know, but I would suggest not commenting at all on contentious issues with sponsors. Remaining neutral will offend no one, and it's worked pretty well as a strategy fo Switzerland. :envidioso

Cant agree more with that...

Ccf and Sig merchant near me store in a modern warehouse unit and they are fine there ...small Travis perkins near me store in a three walled outdoor unit with no door .in cooler months these are a bit crappier ...I never buy from b and q or wickes but see them chucked in any how..just like there thin coat beads .Every single one bent or nicked.staff at the last two are to blame in my eyes they haven't got a clue.

Having said that the multi and bonding bag paper is easily ripped when chucking about me personally not had a totally split bag from a well stored merchants

F*ck sake this is taking the piss now...I saw a lad in the builders merchant lift one on to his shoulder the other day, it split and went all over the f**ker, bad start to the day that.

Depending on how old he was, that may have brought back memories of his apprentice days.

"See if you can hold a bag of [insert name of powdered material] over your head." :LOL:

7 out of 10 bags from travis ripped on last weeks job and it's taking the piss

I'm starting to get more plaster on my trainers than I do in the bucket will start sending British gypsum an invoice each week for wasted plaster been as its there fault

Status
Not open for further replies.