Shite finish bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to go to the mine and then you will see for yourself @Marshy @scottie5
Why do i? I understand how vast the factory may be. Whats that got to do with the thickness of the paper they use? I don't understand why youre trying to find excuses for them mate.

Its quite simple. At some point in the last 2-3 years someone decided to use thinner paper and a plastic lining. Well that hasnt worked. It Doesn't take a genius or this crack team of former sas soliders theyve told us are on the case to work out they need to phone the supplier and say can we please have thicker paper

Sent from my Nokia 3310 whilst having a poo

Why do i? I understand how vast the factory may be. Whats that got to do with the thickness of the paper they use? I don't understand why youre trying to find excuses for them mate.

Its quite simple. At some point in the last 2-3 years someone decided to use thinner paper and a plastic lining. Well that hasnt worked. It Doesn't take a genius or this crack team of former sas soliders theyve told us are on the case to work out they need to phone the supplier and say can we please have thicker paper

Be reasonable you make it sound so simple.

Going off the subject Imago i've just been to see a job ,its a rap around extension nice brickwork and blockwork but the fella is a bit concerned with the steel work were they have taken out the rear wall, there's 2 12x6 steels bolted together keeping the rest of the rear wall up which sits on a 12x12 column of thermalite block but the column does have a padstone and building control are happy with , need your expert opinion

Is the block pillar in the centre of where the original wall was? If so what're the ends of the cross beams going onto?

Assuming the above, from a regs point it's OK doing it that way, the blockwork will take it in compression as long as it's built well. 7n blocks would have been better. Personally I'd have put a concrete pad in (on top of the original footing if it's up to it) and used a steel column. Doing it that way is cheaper, quicker and stronger.

What's "Unifinish"? Could you explain please. :D
I can't,I band myself from talking about it...but it's same as multifinish with no need to pva the substrate....flipping heck I am talking about it ...stop..I can't help it it's better than multi...right that's it....just look on youtube @imago but don't watch the Scottish bloke or the riveria duschbag look for the Pete one he explains the best...:bailando:

Is the block pillar in the centre of where the original wall was? If so what're the ends of the cross beams going onto?

Assuming the above, from a regs point it's OK doing it that way, the blockwork will take it in compression as long as it's built well. 7n blocks would have been better. Personally I'd have put a concrete pad in (on top of the original footing if it's up to it) and used a steel column. Doing it that way is cheaper, quicker and stronger.
They only took half of the rear wall down so the steel is about 3.5 m ,so one end sits on the original rear wall and the other end sits on the thermalite pillar which is built into the gable and looks solid

They only took half of the rear wall down so the steel is about 3.5 m ,so one end sits on the original rear wall and the other end sits on the thermalite pillar which is built into the gable and looks solid

Ah, on that length it'll be fine. Thermalites worry people because they're so light and break easily, but they're surprisingly strong in compression. 3.5N/mm means you could sit getting on for half a ton on top of a block on edge.

Some Junkie will think this about 10 gram of Coke on the floor be good to see him snorting stones

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 237
Hi guys! Just a quick genuine question guys, if your spending the time and money to fix the shite quality of the bags at the minute, could you at the same time look at putting finish bags in the same breathable plastic type bags that are used for cement/postcrete etc. One of the biggest issues of plaster is storage - especially for the house building/commercial building firms- because a few showers and the bags start to get very lumpy.

As a finish product thats obviously a problem as it effects the quality when a lump rips up the wall. Please give a genuine answer why this isn't an option because to me it solves a lot of problems?

Thanks for your response. This is something we’re looking at and, as you can imagine, it’s a significant piece of engineering work to put new plastic packing machines in our plants. We’re seeing if it is possible to do it at this stage. We felt it was right for us to rectify the problems caused by glue at the same time, hopefully solving the issuing of bags ripping more quickly. We’re still working on it and will keep you updated

Thanks for your response. This is something we’re looking at and, as you can imagine, it’s a significant piece of engineering work to put new plastic packing machines in our plants. We’re seeing if it is possible to do it at this stage. We felt it was right for us to rectify the problems caused by glue at the same time, hopefully solving the issuing of bags ripping more quickly. We’re still working on it and will keep you updated

Why are responses from corporations always generic like a robots written them.

Basically you've got to get rid of your old machines which cost a fortune and you can't re sale and you don't want a dip into those deep pockets to sort out the problem!?

Why are responses from corporations always generic like a robots written them.

Basically you've got to get rid of your old machines which cost a fortune and you can't re sale and you don't want a dip into those deep pockets to sort out the problem!?
Shareholders are king, profitability is a must, that's in a nutshell

Hi guys! We know that there are issues with our bags and we’re working on improving the situation. The first stage (which we’ve now started) is to install new machines and secure the bags onto the pallets. This will take some time to get up and running, but we’re looking to have them ready and tested for early next year. This will stop us needing to use glue on the bags, which will stop the tearing and cause less damage in transit. We’ll keep you updated!

Surely u could just shrink wrap the pallets etc ? Its all big shops etc do with pallets of everything ..... Some weighing the same in total im guessing ? Then no need for glue ? You dont see percil boxes etc stuck together ? Dunno if im off track here ?

I'd even pay an extra 5p for the plastic bag.

It would never happen but if everyone started switching to mp finish the problem would be rapidly solved.Once they are making money why should they be bothered.

It would never happen but if everyone started switching to mp finish the problem would be rapidly solved.Once they are making money why should they be bothered.

Very true. This could be the same as rate gate though couldn't it [emoji16][emoji16]

I wrote to BG a couple of months ago about this and this was there reply :-

Now im collecting photos of split bags on jobs and in building suplliers and am going to reply with a boat load of them ;)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 389
No more complaints. Brilliant. There you go @Danny. Theres your crack team who are rectifing the problem....what problem.

I dont get it? As said in my previous post how come at my local Wickes the bags are fine (multi and board finish) but at B&Q they are a disgrace ripped and stacked like they dont give a s**t !!?? I think some of the merchants are responsible for the shite quality of the bags. I think plastic bags like cement would be better even if they cost more to buy.

Greg how come in my merchants not one bag of cement, lime, latex, lafarge gear is ripped?

I e just been in UK a month ago, did a house and first thing I noticed was how s**t the bags are, when opening from the top it could open up the bag halfway down when I pulled the lug on it!!
Mind you what was in the bag was top class multi [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to tear the top off the bag with my fingers and scoop powder into bucket and when half way then pick up and pour in the rest, or if in a strop i hit it with my gauging trowel, others ive seen use a knife!

image.jpeg

Hi guys! We know that there are issues with our bags and we’re working on improving the situation. The first stage (which we’ve now started) is to install new machines and secure the bags onto the pallets. This will take some time to get up and running, but we’re looking to have them ready and tested for early next year. This will stop us needing to use glue on the bags, which will stop the tearing and cause less damage in transit. We’ll keep you updated!

So basically what you are saying is that you have now changed back to the sh*t bags in the hope that the glue was the cause of the bags breaking...this is not the case glue or no glue the bags are sh*te, change them back to the original bags and just put the price of finish up by 5p...none of us want the hassle of bags splitting in the van, on customers driveways, carpets etc...

They are rubbish,the outer paper always rips first which invites the inner bag to split when you least want it to,or when the outer bag splits and your trying to pour the finish in the mixing bucket but you can't because it's like trying to hold a giant banana skin filled with multi.:tonto:
Knauf or Sinat board adhesive never split,they are not made of any secret product that bg can't get hold of,it's just paper!

i'm not defending BG here as i've suffered with the problems of ripping bags taking them off the pallets but what we all have to bear in mind that BG have what 4 plants?? that will need to upgrade their machines to make multi etc in plastic bags, factor into that while the new machines are installed that plant won't be producing plaster, so they no doubt have to build up stocks etc ready to fill the production space in during the installation period and i'm sure it doesn't just take 24hrs to whip out a new machine and install the new one. So i'd imagine we could be waiting a while for better bags either plastic or better paper ones.

i'm not defending BG here as i've suffered with the problems of ripping bags taking them off the pallets but what we all have to bear in mind that BG have what 4 plants?? that will need to upgrade their machines to make multi etc in plastic bags, factor into that while the new machines are installed that plant won't be producing plaster, so they no doubt have to build up stocks etc ready to fill the production space in during the installation period and i'm sure it doesn't just take 24hrs to whip out a new machine and install the new one. So i'd imagine we could be waiting a while for better bags either plastic or better paper ones.

I don't recall any production issues when they switched from usable packaging to the present crap?

very much doubt they will ever go to plastic bags...

Status
Not open for further replies.