Scrim

Just had to skim a ceiling yesterday it was the old cotton scrim used before and most of it had failed.
Hope the fibatape holds up

Mid joists blah blah lol
Not even talking ceilings . Any Board joints . Go in any new build and there are cracks on dabbed walls stud walls and ceiling lines . It’s not fit for purpose in my opinion . I think we’ve just become used to the convenience of using it but in the back of our minds we know it’s s**t . You wouldn’t tell a customer you can guarantee your joints won’t crack would you ? But why not , why can’t they just invent something that doesn’t bloody crack

Not even talking ceilings . Any Board joints . Go in any new build and there are cracks on dabbed walls stud walls and ceiling lines . It’s not fit for purpose in my opinion . I think we’ve just become used to the convenience of using it but in the back of our minds we know it’s s**t . You wouldn’t tell a customer you can guarantee your joints won’t crack would you ? But why not , why can’t they just invent something that doesn’t bloody crack
I would expect it on new builds
have you come across a cracked joint where the fibre has actually snapped ?

Don’t think so have you ?
No but 90% of my work has been on seasoned timber or dabbed on old walls
So as I've not come across snapped scrim I'm questioning the relevance of
" cheap thin stuff " being an issue to those new builds spreads

Its on the way mate, hold on a while longer

Problem with scrim is they took an old design and rehashed it.
It is not fit for purpose, wait till you see the new scrim with the holes, a completely new tape for the 21st century.

Your me ever stop cracking!! Scrim is only used to stop the plaster falling out when it does crack !!
Reinforced concrete cracks, if something is gonna move it will move and crack in the process, that’s why concrete has rebar in it , otherwise it would just snap off

I was always lead to believe scrim wont stop cracking its purpose is to stop the plaster falling out of the joint leaving a bigger gap I might be wrong

Your me ever stop cracking!! Scrim is only used to stop the plaster falling out when it does crack !!
Reinforced concrete cracks, if something is gonna move it will move and crack in the process, that’s why concrete has rebar in it , otherwise it would just snap off
You never see a lot of cracked joints on tape and joint . I had some scrim other week and the squares in it were massive , how is that gonna so anything .its not an issue if your doing site work you never get a call back but im domestic and sometimes get customers calling back 6 months down the line saying they have a crack in ceiling

You never see a lot of cracked joints on tape and joint . I had some scrim other week and the squares in it were massive , how is that gonna so anything .its not an issue if your doing site work you never get a call back but im domestic and sometimes get customers calling back 6 months down the line saying they have a crack in ceiling
I always explain to the customer that it might crack , I have little things I do to minsmslise the cracking tho