Scrim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200307-081541.png
    Screenshot_20200307-081541.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 184
I bought loads of scrim in past and still working my way through it (it's s**t)
But started using the spray adhesive so it sticks

I bought loads of scrim in past and still working my way through it (it's s**t)
But started using the spray adhesive so it sticks
I do similar but just use a brush and abit of PVA, dab it here and there at the joins and will stay stuck for however long you need it to

Anyone use hi tac scrim
We had one box of it. Yes it was sticky but by f**k did it fray, great big blobs of glue randomly along it and lots of joins on some rolls.
We now use the blue stuff from BG. Sticky enough, doesn't fray much and no other downsides.

View attachment 45567 Bought a load of this from a man in a pub. Its s**t and wont stick to anything .........What am i doing wrong?..................just asking
Years ago, when I was still working with my old man, we started for a builder who loved buying everything in bulk. Agent takes me to one of their storage sheds where there must have been twenty spare dumper seats hanging from the roof, dustbins full of every type of nail imaginable and a f**k**g great big stack of jute scrim. He hands me a couple of rolls and said "this is what we still use boy". I start opening one roll up and the b*****d stuff literally just falls to pieces in my hands. The whole stack had dry rot. He looked like he was going to cry lol.

We had one box of it. Yes it was sticky but by f**k did it fray, great big blobs of glue randomly along it and lots of joins on some rolls.
We now use the blue stuff from BG. Sticky enough, doesn't fray much and no other downsides.
I tried some of that blue scrim the other week on a lounge/diner mate. I personally found it to be too sticky! :ROFLMAO: Also peeling of in a few places where it was applied the day before, it was ok same day but when I went to plaster over it in some places the following day it livened up and started sliding around under the wet gear?

I tried some of that blue scrim the other week on a lounge/diner mate. I personally found it to be too sticky! :ROFLMAO: Also peeling of in a few places where it was applied the day before, it was ok same day but when I went to plaster over it in some places the following day it livened up and started sliding around under the wet gear?
I've only used it on new board mate and it's been good. I'm not saying that we never get a bit come loose, but not much.

All the brand's fray as they're cut from a wide sheet so not always cut neat , I've given you a link for £1.60 a roll , it's consistent glue , never had a problem

Your all mad

You can buy a spray adhesive in Screwfix which stops scrim falling off..

Not trying to sound like nerdy safety police, but, if you care about your health, do be careful about the risks of breathing in spray adhesives (and the solvents that are an ingredient of them), if you're using them as a regular workaround. They often contain some very nasty (possibly carcinogenic) chemicals.

The same warning applies for super glue accelerator sprays that are so popular with kitchen fitters.

Maybe but it's OTT for holding a board joint , never seen any tear apart
Really? I've seen plenty go over the years. Actually seen and heard them go bang on ceilings back in the days of using jute.
For the cost per metre I'd rather just use the best I can.

Really? I've seen plenty go over the years. Actually seen and heard them go bang on ceilings back in the days of using jute.
For the cost per metre I'd rather just use the best I can.
Actually have heard one crack from thermal shrinkage , opened patio doors to hot room on a freezing day , but although cracked , stings still in tact

Not trying to sound like nerdy safety police, but, if you care about your health, do be careful about the risks of breathing in spray adhesives (and the solvents that are an ingredient of them), if you're using them as a regular workaround. They often contain some very nasty (possibly carcinogenic) chemicals.

The same warning applies for super glue accelerator sprays that are so popular with kitchen fitters.
If that's the case I can't see how they could sell it....?

EWI mesh cut into strips and stapled. Unless it's for someone I don't like; use standard scrim then.