Scaffold towers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Do you -

• Hire in as required.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Own my own.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Get a scaffold company in even for smaller jobs.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 23452

For those that use a tower as opposed to scaffolding one elevation or a full house.

Got tower but there crap for rendering

Got tall trestles which can be high enough for some walls...with young man boards

Generally single storey extension s or low cottage

Get a tower and f**k hand rails
20191120_092105.jpg

I was just curious as 9 times out of ten it will be scaffold for the stuff I do. Occasionally I'll hire in a tower for jobs that suit one better than scaffold.

I was just pricing up hiring a tower for the job we're on now as we'll need one for bits and bobs before the main scaffold goes up. Then other odds and sods as we go along. The hire cost soon totted up, so I bought one as it'll be handy. Made me wonder what other people do.

Always get my scaffolding guy to set up on domestic this year he’s past my number on for some really nice jobs and vice verser, I tell customers to deal direct with him then there’s no bullshit about money and where he can will always set it up nice , tbh being on scaffolding is most enjoyable part of my days

I've got a three lift ally tower..very handy indeed.
One lift on wheels is great for high ceilings.
This is exactly why we bought our first tower. Scaffold company quoted £900 to deck out three large (70m2+) ceilings, but would only do one at a time. £505 later and we were the proud owners of a really good quality double width tower, new from eBay. Shortly after we bought a second one. They have literally made us £1000's. I estimate how much scaffolding would cost and just add that in when working out our quotes. Just like adding on 50p a metre for using our diesel mixer.

Mate please tell me you put a coat on run tooth comb trowel on bedded mesh in and then put a 2nd coat on????

That photo looks like your just putting mesh direct over insulation board and applying render on top????
I was thinking the same thing:LOL:

well spotted Z, should the render police be informed?
give him a chance to explain but this looks serious?

Mate please tell me you put a coat on run tooth comb trowel on bedded mesh in and then put a 2nd coat on????

That photo looks like your just putting mesh direct over insulation board and applying render on top????
Yeah I did. I did it like that so I could see to over lap mesh

Anyway I messaged you my bigger prob. Have a look

Put base on mesh second coat . It was still soaking so didn't bother scratching

So you didn't put mesh on and just render over?

P.s always tooth comb before mesh trust me the difference is night & day also the tooth comb held at the correct angle ensures that the material is on uniform and flat pal.

Now I own my own scaffold tower. It is like a necessity for me. I use it once a week to take care of my boat. I need to clean it and I do it frequently because I want it to like ideal. I use a scaffold tower to clean the bottom of the boat. When I was cleaning it without it, I was spending much more time. After that, I was hiring scaffold towers for doing this job, and after that Id decided to buy myself one. I think it is a good investment because it saves my time, my money and most importantly they are safe, and I can work without thinking of getting hurt.