SBR for skimming

1546174695006.png
1546174695006.png

What ratio of each ?
I’m gonna try a few different ones but have an idea in my head
Used SBR for first time on interior over skim yesterday. Reason I used it was I didn't like look of painted surface to be covered. Don't think it would have took (some dodgy paints out there) Stuck first coat on while SBR tacky, worked a treat held back nicely. Knocked whole room out. Tried picking a bit out today see how it's bonded, sticks like s**t. I'm impressed. Have to try it a few more times to see how it works in different situations.

Used SBR for first time on interior over skim yesterday. Reason I used it was I didn't like look of painted surface to be covered. Don't think it would have took (some dodgy paints out there) Stuck first coat on while SBR tacky, worked a treat held back nicely. Knocked whole room out. Tried picking a bit out today see how it's bonded, sticks like s**t. I'm impressed. Have to try it a few more times to see how it works in different situations.

I have a huge lounge ceiling to do in feb so may just SBR it as I have a tub of it kicking about in the garage :D

Has anyone mixed Sbr with pva and applied to surface then skimmed?
50/50 Pva and sbr. Seal and skim was talked about on here last year. Real pours surfaces I seal with gardz then Pva. Gardz will neutralise wallpaper paste but seal artex really well. Beeline do a sealer similar to old artex sealer plus loads of primer sealers on the market you can bang on. Let it dry then Pva and skim. It's whatever works for you I guess

Last edited:
50/50 Pva and sbr. Seal and skim was talked about on here last year. Real pours surfaces I seal with gardz then Pva. Gardz will neutralise wallpaper paste but seal artex really well. Beeline do a sealer similar to old artex sealer plus loads of primer sealers on the market you can bang on. Let it dry then Pva and skim. It's whatever works for you I guess
Have you mixed them together and applied as one ?

I have a huge lounge ceiling to do in feb so may just SBR it as I have a tub of it kicking about in the garage :D
Cracked open a pva this morning that had been in garage for about a year. Gone gluppy I reckon frost has got to it. Don't know if I should take chance on it or just throw it.