Sand & cement through the ritmo

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can turn the water right down to nothing Lee. Its the water pressure switch that needs to be activated. On the ritmo there is a switch to turn water off and on. i would try a clampable stator to do it

If a ritmo will pump it I don't doubt most machines will.
As I've said the consistency of the material is key here.
If I was thinking of pumping sand and cement on a daily basis with lots of m2,I would definetly consider buying a diesel machine for this.the ritmo's versatility is great although I'm not sure throwing sand and cement through it regularly would be a good idea.

You wont do the Ritmo any harm by throwing a pre mixed material into it. Its designed to work hard. But realistically who does 1000's of m2 of sand cement to warrant all that layout on a diesel machine that only has one purpose?
You may get a job that is pretty big and you could use sand cement as a backing coat but then you then gotta be careful what render or system you put on top of them so its likely gonna be you're own jobs that you try save some money by specifying your own base coat which are less likely to be big enough and therefore you can use your Ritmo. If you was parge coating like what you used it for this week its very unlikely they would get 1000s m2 of that ready for you to do in a visit and then in that dream situation you would fly that in a few days
If there was ever need for a second machine i would just choose a more powerful and faster version of what you already have and spend the rest on a Ducati :cool:

you can turn the water right down to nothing Lee. Its the water pressure switch that needs to be activated. On the ritmo there is a switch to turn water off and on. i would try a clampable stator to do it
i see so a normal mix as if hand applying then the little water will just loosen it up nice for spraying? What r&s u recommend with the clamp . I'll deffo be giving this a whirl got about 35m2 to do on a garden wall! What about jfe then with his mini? Same ?

you wont do the ritmo any harm by throwing a pre mixed material into it. Its designed to work hard. But realistically who does 1000's of m2 of sand cement to warrant all that layout on a diesel machine that only has one purpose?
You may get a job that is pretty big and you could use sand cement as a backing coat but then you then gotta be careful what render or system you put on top of them so its likely gonna be you're own jobs that you try save some money by specifying your own base coat which are less likely to be big enough and therefore you can use your ritmo. If you was parge coating like what you used it for this week its very unlikely they would get 1000s m2 of that ready for you to do in a visit and then in that dream situation you would fly that in a few days
if there was ever need for a second machine i would just choose a more powerful and faster version of what you already have and spend the rest on a ducati :cool:
xl ?

Turn the water on the bottle down to zero. or you could temporarily join the 2 wires in the water pressure switch so you wont need to connect the water at all. You have to be consistent and make sure the mix is pumpable. The sand down here we buy is not as easy as it may be elsewhere.
I think maybe a d4-2 clampable is the best way to go here or a d 4-3 clampable

Turn the water on the bottle down to zero. or you could temporarily join the 2 wires in the water pressure switch so you wont need to connect the water at all. You have to be consistent and make sure the mix is pumpable. The sand down here we buy is not as easy as it may be elsewhere.
I think maybe a d4-2 clampable is the best way to go here or a d 4-3 clampable

Cheers ian I will let u know now it goes

ive not done it for ages Nick, S/C used to cost me about 60 quid a ton when i was doing it. search a thread here. i did a cost comparasion based on a small site i worked on CPI vs traditional

A d3-4 is slowest u can use and i found it a bit too fast when i tried it. So i would say no For bucket coats. NOblo works ok because it spreads better

It might sound over complicating things, but on the monojet if you have a water pump you could re circulate the water, disconnect the inlet and attach a hose from the water let pipe back to your barrel, that way your not wasting any water

It might sound over complicating things, but on the monojet if you have a water pump you could re circulate the water, disconnect the inlet and attach a hose from the water let pipe back to your barrel, that way your not wasting any water
kind ov thought this mi self . Cheers. Either way I'll defo be giving this a go

Status
Not open for further replies.