Sand & cement through the ritmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

Right I know this been discussed before but I am going to try this myself in the next few weeks at my unit before I start a job.
A few things I am curious about.

If I use a worn rotor/stator which holds about 8 bar will this ok?obviously I will pre-mix the gear so the water will be turned off so will it effect the consistency of it?

Cheers

If you are dropping a pre mixed material into the hopper the consistency will remain the same. The rotor / stator will be fine.

You need to make sure the mix is pumpable. so try a small bit at a time in case it blocks. Guy on here tom Jones has done it recently do a search on here and speak with him

Cheers Ian.can you text it to me.
I have a barn to render and if I can pump the gear it will save a lot of time and energy!!

Right I know this been discussed before but I am going to try this myself in the next few weeks at my unit before I start a job.
A few things I am curious about.

If I use a worn rotor/stator which holds about 8 bar will this ok?obviously I will pre-mix the gear so the water will be turned off so will it effect the consistency of it?

Cheers

Is this because of what you saw on linkedin?

Is this because of what you saw on linkedin?

Well I've been thinking of it since I picked up a job rendering over stonework.i then saw the post on LinkedIn and thought perhaps it can be done without problem.
There would be a lot of fecking about involved mixing it then tipping it in the machine,but easier than getting it up the ladder

ive sprayed loads of sand/cement through mine works well but i found 15m of hose is far enough.i mix it 3 sand 1 cement as the sand i use here seems to jam in the hose if i use any more and plasticiser was spraying a wall built out of sandbags with covered in chicken wire last week,spray kept slowing down but later done a pump test and R/S needed tightening then all good

ive sprayed loads of sand/cement through mine works well but i found 15m of hose is far enough.i mix it 3 sand 1 cement as the sand i use here seems to jam in the hose if i use any more and plasticiser was spraying a wall built out of sandbags with covered in chicken wire last week,spray kept slowing down but later done a pump test and R/S needed tightening then all good

Your in oz yeah? Paul turner off LinkedIn has also used it and he's from oz I believe.seems a strong mix that.i'll try a 5/1/1 with waterproof and see how I get on.we have good sand down here so that should help
Cheets

Your in oz yeah? Paul turner off LinkedIn has also used it and he's from oz I believe.seems a strong mix that.i'll try a 5/1/1 with waterproof and see how I get on.we have good sand down here so that should help
Cheets

yep i know paul worked with him in perth years ago spraying MP75 with his ritmo m

So I gave this a trial run yesterday.it went through no worries.i only put a belle mixer load through due to it being at my lock up.
Only reservation would be stones in the sand that might cause some damage.
The mix I used was
4/2/1
4 plastering sand
2 lime
1 cement
Kingfisher waterproof

@bobby you could tape some render mesh over your wheelbarrow to seive the sand mate,bit painful I know but it would work I think. I do a similar thing with mesh over a water bucket when there is ice involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that is a option.i think the only time I would put it through is on stonework.to use CPI/webers OCR on the first couple coats isn't cost effective so it would keep the cost down.

Wouldn't 2 lime to 1 cement be too strong? I was always led to beleive more than 1 lime to 6 sand and 1 cement would cause shrinkage cracking?

If it does work then 2 lime, 1 cement to only 4 sand with a plastisizer would certainly be creamy.

I sprayed 120m2 of this today through the ritmo.we used a 4/1/1 mix with plasticiser.it went better than I thought and only had a few problems when we changed the mix late on to see if we could put a weaker mix through.qe were spraying party walls to receive dot&dab.
All I all a successful experiment.

Pre mixed? Ok for party walls being covered in dot & dab, no one will see if it cracks.

might be ok for a dashing scratch coat?

I can't see this mix being a issue as it's only a scratch coat mix with a job amount of lime in.
The bricklayers mortar joints are the same mix also.with a better plasticiser I will up it to 5/1/1.

I sprayed 120m2 of this today through the ritmo.we used a 4/1/1 mix with plasticiser.it went better than I thought and only had a few problems when we changed the mix late on to see if we could put a weaker mix through.qe were spraying party walls to receive dot&dab.
All I all a successful experiment.
Could this be done with the xl also. Prob with a better out put in 3 phase?

If a ritmo will pump it I don't doubt most machines will.
As I've said the consistency of the material is key here.
If I was thinking of pumping sand and cement on a daily basis with lots of m2,I would definetly consider buying a diesel machine for this.the ritmo's versatility is great although I'm not sure throwing sand and cement through it regularly would be a good idea.

If a ritmo will pump it I don't doubt most machines will.
As I've said the consistency of the material is key here.
If I was thinking of pumping sand and cement on a daily basis with lots of m2,I would definetly consider buying a diesel machine for this.the ritmo's versatility is great although I'm not sure throwing sand and cement through it regularly would be a good idea.
I dnt think my monojet will work unless there is water running through it. Or am I wrong @ PFTwales

Status
Not open for further replies.