Sad sad News

Members online

Missed Browning. Not bothered, by what I'v heard. Not used hardwall, gyproc ie has a product hard coat, Id say its the same as that. But thankfully most newbuilds we on block walls are still floated sand cement.only been on one site where the spec was hard coat.

It may have been a s**t plaster but when you were mixing with a shovel before drills and the site subby said " next site job is float and set ", you're 1st question was browning or bonding ? When you heard the word browning it was happy days are here again :bananahappy:

The 50kg bags used to be right swine to get up the stairs of a terraced house as a sixteen year old lad sometimes used to catch one and used to put a hole in one.

Browning was lovely to Carry compared to bonding or cement, soft, less dense and used to 'fold' around your shoulder

lightweight browning was a luxury after BGs first attempt . a browning that was mixed 3 to 1 with sand in a mixer. the mixer had to be washed out several times a day as it would affect the setting time. a lot of plasterers would make it a weaker mix as it devil floated better.
BG also had a fibre browning again mixed with sand, which you could float plaster board lath sheets.

I missed the browning although used it’s at college either that or sand and lime tough coat is decent but I do love a bit of hardwall always makes me have a smug smile when I’m asked to float whole walls in bonding I’m like er no thanks bonding is only good for certain jobs and not to float big areas imo
We got asked to float block walls with bonding the other week I know where you are coming from m8..
These iddiots don’t realise that big areas require the right gear..Bring back the good old days of float and set used to love floating hardball and tough coat distance memories now..;(

Missed Browning. Not bothered, by what I'v heard. Not used hardwall, gyproc ie has a product hard coat, Id say its the same as that. But thankfully most newbuilds we on block walls are still floated sand cement.only been on one site where the spec was hard coat.
Hardcoat is ok. Nice to spray. I'll use it faster then send and cement. A lot easier on the body. Plus me with the machine probably makes me like it tbh.

Hardcoat is ok. Nice to spray. I'll use it faster then send and cement. A lot easier on the body. Plus me with the machine probably makes me like it tbh.
We hand applied it on job we used it on, it's shite enough, althouhh light compared to mortar. Years since used it and i like mortar anyways so its sweet lol

Ok anyone that is really sad at the demise of Browning there is over half a pallet in Chelmsford B&Q.