Sad sad News

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Just hearing on the grapevine that thistle browning has been discontinued :(, can we all just take a moment today to remember the bag, some will probably say they hated it and some loved it , but whatever your views can we all raise a glass tonight,
Thistle browning :birra:
78ACEC36-E7E1-454A-B4C2-1C23BAB1884A.jpeg

Tough coat is really good gear better than hardwall .bit like how Browning hsb used to be

It’s just whatever is stocked on the shelves, if something is available then people will use it. That’s what I can’t understand about these new so called finish plasters , get it on the f**k**g shelves and people will get it. Thick as s**t British gypsum.

I actually loved using browning. No frigging about using pva.
I blame the DIYers and builders who just used bonding for everything.

If theres no demand tho...

What's floating Scottie? A vague memory.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, mainly just float in the pool these days.
Also the toughcoat seems to hang just a little longer than hardwall on higher suction backgrounds we use to skim it with the carlite finish and never seemed to have to chase it.

Tough coat was the go to backing plaster when I started. Hardwall now.

hardwall was me as well... yet the idiots I worked for still thought it was a great idea to mix up in a f**k**g bath... I didnt go in one day so I could make them a water butt and their lives were never the same again...

My memories of Carlite Browning revolve around f**k**g great big floppy 50kg bags and mixing up in a big tin bath. I had some six pack back then.
Our tin bath used to have a hole at one end so had to pack it up one end to stop the water draining away.Used to have a six pack myself but its more like a party pack now.
Happy Days

I missed the browning although used it’s at college either that or sand and lime tough coat is decent but I do love a bit of hardwall always makes me have a smug smile when I’m asked to float whole walls in bonding I’m like er no thanks bonding is only good for certain jobs and not to float big areas imo