s**t gear again

You’ll get a finish you never done before, that’s why. Go to the private section and you’ll get the kick you after , not here so fancy poncy one coat wizz to play billy big balls gets the info he is after.
Even if it works out for you with sponging etc you will want to see it painted to make sure it matches the finish you have been getting for years.

True. Won’t be hard to top tho

Little bedroom today should have been straight forward. The gears been fine for a bit then BANG, it’s shite again.

I thought I’d take the time to take a few pictures, to show the doubters just how s**t the gear (multi) can be.

This was laid down with a fresh mix too.

So put it on, fine, lay down with fresh gear, fine.

Go to flatten. Oh here we go. It’s pulling, ripping, tearing, streaky bacon the lot.

Some areas gone off, and next to it piss wet:

View attachment 29848

The 2.5 hour gauge turns into 4 when it like this, plus alot of anger.

So there you go. Think yourself lucky if it hasn’t happened to you. It’s not user error its s**t product.

@BritishGypsum what do you reckon? I’ve got half a bag of this horse s**t in van if you want to test it and tell me there’s nothing wrong with it

And before you say it essexandy rich richyrichy no i didn’t leave it like that.View attachment 29848View attachment 29849View attachment 29850View attachment 29851View attachment 29852
Wtf ive never seen it do that before....mate you must of been screwing

We should start up a post telling each other what happened to plaster that you used that day only if has gone off . . say date, what type of background board etc PVA or grit etc used by date what happened first coat etc no other comments like rubbish stuff and nobody else comment on page just the basic along with the British gypsum @ so they can see we are not letting it go

Thanks for the suggestion @djfleming. This could actually work quite well. If the product is not performing as it should, we need as much information as possible in order to investigate and try to resolve it. If you wish to post photos including the side of the bag with the batch details, also details of the conditions, background and pre-treatment plus your contact number and location we will be able to use this information. Alternatively you can email this information to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

Used the new board finish on a bungalow throughout past weeks on board.. and it's safe to say it's unpredictable, it's almost too fine at times.. flattened first coat then fresh mix and the top coat shrunk in places almost like the first coat grinded through really pissed me off because I've never had a problem like that and it was only one set had to give a few extra trowels too get it right..

Hi Burt, we would like to help to resolve the problems you're having. If the product is not performing as it should, we need as much information as possible in order to investigate and try to resolve it. Can you please send us a private message with your contact details or email the information to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com. If possible, can you also take a picture of the side of the bag to show production date. Many thanks, the BG team.

Wtf ive never seen it do that before....mate you must of been screwing

Was annoying as had whole room on but it encouraged me to break up for xmas early lol.

BG been out to me this morning and taken the half bag for testing. Not sure what will come of it, but at least I’ve done something about it this time, as I said I would.

Thanks for the suggestion @djfleming. This could actually work quite well. If the product is not performing as it should, we need as much information as possible in order to investigate and try to resolve it. If you wish to post photos including the side of the bag with the batch details, also details of the conditions, background and pre-treatment plus your contact number and location we will be able to use this information. Alternatively you can email this information to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com
@BritishGypsum Thanks for reply so I can safely say that there will be a definitely will be a very big bag of goodies coming my way for the suggestion or even an executive role on your board .....maybe a little to far ....so I will take the enormous big bag of goodies..thanks

Was annoying as had whole room on but it encouraged me to break up for xmas early lol.

BG been out to me this morning and taken the half bag for testing. Not sure what will come of it, but at least I’ve done something about it this time, as I said I would.

T.E.A.C.H.E.R.S P.E.T

I didn't even get a f***** reply
Hi djf, we would like to help to receive the goods you're are saying you are entitled to, although that’s not clear yet how did you come to this. b*ll***s Gypsum is a big company and we can not be blackmailed by small trades or individuals like you. If your idea or product in not patented is up for grab in the open and we don’t see a reason not to take advantage of it.If you still want to proceed with the claim we owe you a bag with goodies , please send your case to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com. and I am sure our lawyers will come back to you at some point.
Many thanks, the BG team.

Sorted now !

Hi djf, we would like to help to receive the goods you're are saying you are entitled to, although that’s not clear yet how did you come to this. b*ll***s Gypsum is a big company and we can not be blackmailed by small trades or individuals like you. If your idea or product in not patented is up for grab in the open and we don’t see a reason not to take advantage of it.If you still want to proceed with the claim we owe you a bag with goodies , please send your case to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com. and I am sure our lawyers will come back to you at some point.
Many thanks, the BG team.

Sorted now !
That has to some of the most comforting words I have ever heard ....from the bottom of my heart I thank you so much.

Kind regards
Djf

UPDATE

Had a call from Gary BG @The Apprentice and confirmed the gear was bad.
Had 10 bad bags this week.flash setting,tearing,greasy etc ya de ya!the stuff is absolute guff!!all onto straight forward board aswell!but the week before it was fine,
Product is shite now,too many of us all experiencing the same problems over and over for it to be down to way its applied etc,

Had 10 bad bags this week.flash setting,tearing,greasy etc ya de ya!the stuff is absolute guff!!all onto straight forward board aswell!but the week before it was fine,
Product is shite now,too many of us all experiencing the same problems over and over for it to be down to way its applied etc,

The worst part is the bellends on here who think cause they not had a problem that the gears always great. Have the proof of that now. I knew it was the gear but still doubted myself

The worst part is the bellends on here who think cause they not had a problem that the gears always great. Have the proof of that now. I knew it was the gear but still doubted myself
Did they offer you anything for free since you bought a bag and it’s not fit for purpose

See you jump to conclusions too quick just because some aint had problems you think we think the gears always great what a wank statement

It really is hit and miss what a bags going to be like. Going to try out the pure plaster and buy it by the pallet if it any good

I put up post the other day about gear setting far too quick.
24 boards I had on.
Knew it was f**k*d when pulling it out the bin.
Just kept on top of it.
Never turned black..
started to dry straight out as if in a heatwave.

Actually preferred it to 3 hour sets.

I do love you @britishgypo.....
You keep me on my toes and it broke my day up into something different (y)(y)

24 boards I had on.
Just kept on top of it.
Never turned black..

I think cold does that to it

24 boards I had on.
Just kept on top of it.
Never turned black..

So there’s me sweating me b*ll***s off and having a hissy fit meanwhile you’re aving the time of your life lol

I would have told them you owe me a bag or two as per consumer rights as product not fit for the purpose it was sold
vKkr271548448710.jpg

Been using board finish this year, lovely pallet of gear, seen some rooms dried out today even impressed myself