Demoralising

Members online

ryanb

We have had pallets and pallets since lockdown and it’s all been s**t, changed from multi to board, seems to dry better but this batch we got now just tears and stripes. Rough on, lay down fresh Gear, flattened with speedskim, first trowel and it’s ragging uo as if your flattening with the floor scraper. We don’t generally use much water but there’s no way possible this s**t could be Finished without it. In all our time plastering we have never had so much consistently s**t plaster. Sort it out @BritishGypsum

Attachments

• 8ADDB43C-D759-45D6-9E0A-59D7323152D2.jpeg
    8ADDB43C-D759-45D6-9E0A-59D7323152D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 400
We have had pallets and pallets since lockdown and it’s all been s**t, changed from multi to board, seems to dry better but this batch we got now just tears and stripes. Rough on, lay down fresh Gear, flattened with speedskim, first trowel and it’s ragging uo as if your flattening with the floor scraper. We don’t generally use much water but there’s no way possible this s**t could be Finished without it. In all our time plastering we have never had so much consistently s**t plaster. Sort it out @BritishGypsum
There's still plasterers on here that don't believe there's bad batches of plaster. Luckily I've not had one for a while, that looks a nightmare

I’ve just checked and since 25th June we have ordered 330 bags (200 multi,130 board) and it’s all been crap but this last couple of pallets of board are dreadful. It’s all come from the same merchants, based in midlands, I do think the odd private job I’ve done and picked some up from wickes has been better. I know you cop for the odd batch that’s s**t but they definitely changed something since lockdown and it’s auwful

I’ve just checked and since 25th June we have ordered 330 bags (200 multi,130 board) and it’s all been crap but this last couple of pallets of board are dreadful. It’s all come from the same merchants, based in midlands, I do think the odd private job I’ve done and picked some up from wickes has been better. I know you cop for the odd batch that’s s**t but they definitely changed something since lockdown and it’s auwful
I've been using December expiry date bags on multi and its lovely to use

I've been using December expiry date bags on multi and its lovely to use
That’s what date ours is, we got multi aswell dated 24/12, going to see how this goes

Attachments

• 95836940-C152-4901-8B09-43CF44FDA24B.jpeg
    95836940-C152-4901-8B09-43CF44FDA24B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
That’s what date ours is, we got multi aswell dated 24/12, going to see how this goes
I've been using multi,although 1 batch seems to be better than the other even tho same expiry dates..abit like chewing gum is 2nd batch toweling up but its not as bad as yours

I had a dodgy bag last week luckily only a porch needed skimming it was tearing like yours and more water didn't help so I left it a good while and used the plastic on it to get the tear marks out

Finish Plaster is rubbish .It has been for a long time now and it has been discussed on here many times . It takes any enjoyment out of the process and can be very frustrating sometimes . We seem to just go around in circles with this and no matter what anyone suggests it wont ever change . @BritishGypsum don't seem to care about it and for now have a monopoly on plaster in the UK. The new to the trade spreads will not know any different but those of us who have been around a bit longer may see a difference from the finish that we used to get years ago . The reasons for the quality drop i do not know but what i do know is that it is not my skill or methods that are at fault (IMO).I don't do as much skimming as some so not using the quantity many are, but whether its one bag or 100 bags it can spoil a good day when troweling up your set .........just saying .

I just flatten it twice now and that’s near enough it done , think a lot piss about with the gear to much going over and over it
Only other advice I’d say is use the pure finish instead if life’s so hard with multi mate

Heres my theory. Just after lockdown when it was in little supply the fresh stuff you got was f**k**g lovely cause they had time to clean machine. Now there trying to catch up machines are full of s**t so its effecting gear

Dirty boards
Timing
Buying from Travis and jewsons etc who don't store bags well

I actually thought is it boards I skimmed I boards other day the 2 in f**k**g middle hung like f**k
If someone else has done boarding I brush them with a stiff clean brush
Dry liners don't give a toss

Finish Plaster is rubbish .It has been for a long time now and it has been discussed on here many times . It takes any enjoyment out of the process and can be very frustrating sometimes . We seem to just go around in circles with this and no matter what anyone suggests it wont ever change . @BritishGypsum don't seem to care about it and for now have a monopoly on plaster in the UK. The new to the trade spreads will not know any different but those of us who have been around a bit longer may see a difference from the finish that we used to get years ago . The reasons for the quality drop i do not know but what i do know is that it is not my skill or methods that are at fault (IMO).I don't do as much skimming as some so not using the quantity many are, but whether its one bag or 100 bags it can spoil a good day when troweling up your set .........just saying .
Very well said. Although our last pallet has been really nice to use.

I just flatten it twice now and that’s near enough it done , think a lot piss about with the gear to much going over and over it
Only other advice I’d say is use the pure finish instead if life’s so hard with multi mate
Whats that pure finish like mate have you used it a couple of lads I know raved about it a couple of years ago but don't hear much about it anymore

Whats that pure finish like mate have you used it a couple of lads I know raved about it a couple of years ago but don't hear much about it anymore
It’s the best bg do mate some places stick it but get a pallet and try it yourself it’s always a joy to use

correct me if I'm wrong
the temperature has drooped
your hitting it too early with a brand new flex trowel.....

no probs mate
always here to help (y) (y)

correct me if I'm wrong
the temperature has drooped
your hitting it too early with a brand new flex trowel.....

no probs mate
always here to help (y) (y)
Not at all mate, it was the same temp for the last few weeks, and it’s not a brand new flex, couple of year old medi thanks. Obviously if no help on this one, gypsum coming to site Tuesday to test it, also looking into the supply. They have actually been very helpful

Not at all mate, it was the same temp for the last few weeks, and it’s not a brand new flex, couple of year old medi thanks. Obviously if no help on this one, gypsum coming to site Tuesday to test it, also looking into the supply. They have actually been very helpful

then I stand corrected mate (y)
were all a big family here
were now your sisters and brothers
soon @essexandy will aim to be your pappy
:birra:

We have tried everything, letting it pick up a lot before laying down, going on it wet on wet, flattening it and leaving it abit, keeping ontop of it. It’s just as if you have missed a trowel out and just tears or stripes unless give it some water and lots of pressure. It’s drying nice it it’s just arm/wrist breaking, that’s why said demoralising, it’s hard work for what we are doing, shudnt be consistently this hard work.

Attachments

• 9D203C6B-0F11-4093-87CD-2959BFF1C72A.jpeg
    9D203C6B-0F11-4093-87CD-2959BFF1C72A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
  • 66E501E6-C2B2-49FB-96B6-EE740A9EF91D.jpeg
    66E501E6-C2B2-49FB-96B6-EE740A9EF91D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
  • 16E43BFC-8298-423C-A594-851B9CD7ED77.jpeg
    16E43BFC-8298-423C-A594-851B9CD7ED77.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
  • 8AEAD669-AD57-4DF2-871F-36D2517EC86B.jpeg
    8AEAD669-AD57-4DF2-871F-36D2517EC86B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
  • 3C0AE98F-F295-4051-A065-72458F6EC439.jpeg
    3C0AE98F-F295-4051-A065-72458F6EC439.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
  • DECB40C6-8F13-402E-B652-17903E32FB8E.jpeg
    DECB40C6-8F13-402E-B652-17903E32FB8E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
We have tried everything, letting it pick up a lot before laying down, going on it wet on wet, flattening it and leaving it abit, keeping ontop of it. It’s just as if you have missed a trowel out and just tears or stripes unless give it some water and lots of pressure. It’s drying nice it it’s just arm/wrist breaking, that’s why said demoralising, it’s hard work for what we are doing, shudnt be consistently this hard work.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it mate.
bg reps I know won't take the blame (y)

Not thst you should have to but have you tried sponge float