Ripped off at merchants

Members online

:eek: jesus they have a Jewson near me and an Altys. Altys tried charging me near £8 for a bag of multi. It didn't end well.
I hate that Alty's greg. Bad rip off! They look after their own little group of tradesmen and everyone else can fook off. Not interested in new trade.

I hate that Alty's greg. Bad rip off! They look after their own little group of tradesmen and everyone else can fook off. Not interested in new trade.
I asked him to tell me again how much and that it was just 1 bag not 2 !! He got a bit arsey as he had some locals in as they'd been chatting etc. I think my reply of you can go f**k yourself was the final straw

Saw a post on Facebook at b&q in Dublin, thisltebond 93 euro and a bag of joint filler 50!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the old guy at the end, your vids are always most welcome, but can't help but feel over on the costa one has too much time on his hands.
It's nice to have time .
Here's this morning pics walking the dog and cloud spotting :hola:
IMG_6091.JPG
IMG_6092.JPG
IMG_6093.JPG
IMG_6094.JPG
Ps I pulled a sword from that stone :musculoso:

Am looking at motorhomes at mo as part of my off grid and eco build future plans, whilst watching a survival programme and goofing out on here.
Head off for beach lunch soon :birras:

Last year I sent the guy who works for me into Jewsons for two box of 127mm cove. It was my local branch where I opened my account and they had just had a new manager in. She charged him over £7 a length plus vat when at the time I'd been paying £2.88 a length. I went straight in and saw her and she was just stood there nodding repeating over and over "I have gave you a really good price". Wanted to jump the counter and smash her lol she was a fking monster as well. Dumped the coving in the yard phoned Jewsons and closed my account down and reopened it at a branch a mile away and the manager in there gave me brilliant prices.

Last year I sent the guy who works for me into Jewsons for two box of 127mm cove. It was my local branch where I opened my account and they had just had a new manager in. She charged him over £7 a length plus vat when at the time I'd been paying £2.88 a length. I went straight in and saw her and she was just stood there nodding repeating over and over "I have gave you a really good price". Wanted to jump the counter and smash her lol she was a fking monster as well. Dumped the coving in the yard phoned Jewsons and closed my account down and reopened it at a branch a mile away and the manager in there gave me brilliant prices.
It's always the fattys with a filthy attitude

Has anyone on here noticed huge price differences on materials from one merchant to the next?
I bought a 2.4 bead from Jewsons yesterday and with vat it was £2.06.
This morning went to another well known merchant and they charged a whopping £4.80!!!
I said it can't be right and what I paid day before and their excuse was its cos I didn't have an account with them. I pointed out that I didn't have an account with Jewsons either and they still charged less than half what this company wanted. So the difference between them on one bead is £2.74!! You don't mind a bit but that's taking the piss!

Same here in the west of Ireland. Crazy prices for beads in some places. And TBH, I still don't know how much they are in the local builders yard because I just sign for them when they are on with other items. Intact, I'll just check my online account later to see how much the f**k**s are charging me!

No that's the yellow interior you need the green exterior. It doesn't bulk up like blue grit it's really great gear on internals as skim doesn't pull in too quick on it leaving it very comfortable to chuck a fair bit on
Cool thanks

Have you got a link the whole forum is waiting for

I went into Selco last summer to buy a box of beads. Was told it was £2.04p per bead whether I had 1 or 100.
So I drove to my normal merchants and bought a box for £37 plus VAT.

Many years ago (maybe 8) I was short of single 6 x 3 x 9.5mm board. Went into the local Buildbase who stung me 12 quid.
I have never set foot in a Buildbase since.

As stated above, buying in bulk is the way to go, but on occasion you just get caught out - And it is very short sighted of the big boys to arse rape a potential future big spender.