reskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know where you come up with this s**t, on site a spread and lab will knock a too bed house out in 2-3 days so if its a overskim etc a hard 5 days 300 for lab and 900 for spead sorted one spread 14 days to do a 2 bed house is it a tardis or something

craigpalmer18 said:
i dont know where you come up with this (german word), on site a spread and lab will knock a too bed house out in 2-3 days so if its a overskim etc a hard 5 days 300 for lab and 900 for spead sorted one spread 14 days to do a 2 bed house is it a tardis or something
2 to 3 days what a 1 and 1 gang i bet that will look sh it m8

why will it? example today boarded a 3 bed house out, upstairs three beds bathroom and onsuite plus cupboard, 16 boards on ceiling you telling me a decent spread cant get them ceilings on in one with lab mixing etc? any day of the week. i dont want no fair ups starting on the forum but here is the home truth all spreads used to start on sites as young lads at 15/16 and they were worked to the bone prices were and always have been s**t so the only way to make money was to throw it on fast as f**k. buy the time these lads were 21/22 etc they could throw loads of gear on so when they then go into doing private domestic etc they find it realativly easy and yes it is harder going over old work instead of board but by how much? i reckon i get 30% less area per guage on on old work that is not a lot. the problem is the majority of spreads doing domestic are coursers or ex army trying to scratch a living and will never match up to the lads born and bred on site with regards to speed and quality. i call it the spartan affect. you need to be brought up and conditioned for this game

the one and only time a ritmo will be faster on then by hand is when there is a complete tool on the hawk and trowel trying to slap multi on.

PoopZoom-6-22-05.jpg

god i needed that :D

craigpalmer18 said:
why will it? example today boarded a 3 bed house out, upstairs three beds bathroom and onsuite plus cupboard, 16 boards on ceiling you telling me a decent spread cant get them ceilings on in one with lab mixing etc? any day of the week. i dont want no fair ups starting on the forum but here is the home truth all spreads used to start on sites as young lads at 15/16 and they were worked to the bone prices were and always have been (german word) so the only way to make money was to throw it on fast as (french word). buy the time these lads were 21/22 etc they could throw loads of gear on so when they then go into doing private domestic etc they find it realativly easy and yes it is harder going over old work instead of board but by how much? i reckon i get 30% less area per guage on on old work that is not a lot. the problem is the majority of spreads doing domestic are coursers or ex army trying to scratch a living and will never match up to the lads born and bred on site with regards to speed and quality. i call it the spartan affect. you need to be brought up and conditioned for this game

your talking complete b*ll***s, none of the domestic spreads I know are "coursers" or ex army.

We all choose to work domestic as the moneys a lot better and you dont have to kill yourself!

All the labourers we have used who have also worked for site workers have every time reverted back to us saying site workers quality of work is shocking, and they dont give a f**k providing the get the metreage on.

I know not all site workers are like that but generally from experience they are.

I dont give a f**k what anyone says but you couldnt plaster a house in two days, on old work, if you did and you think its "quality" work then you probably havent ever seen good plastering in your life.

Ive heard the "yeah we churn out quality" plenty of times, and near enough always its f**k**g shite.

you have all mist the point he can skim a wendy house in two days thats strip back bead up pva and skim
i take me hat off m8te id be abell too skim it in 3 days
my littel gurl wants her doll house reskimed who wants a nice bit of skimming the weekend then
im just too busy beading this weddy house im a day behind

Sounds about right mate, 1 bead and 1 bag of finish will do the lot! a shot glass of PVA and ya sorted! all on by 8:15 and troweled and hoovered up by 11:30 :D

dont you hate patching when theres paper on the wall, you know youve missed a tiny bit of paper and its gonna drag over the patch. what about the other side?

first point i never said a reskim in 2 days more like 5 but your standard semi on new work any spread and lab should knock it out in 2 days i dont care what your saying the only people who argue about this are the ones who cant hack it, i know a spread who is old 68 and still works on site and he is pulling 700 quid a week on 2 quid a metre which i think is good going for his age. and i am right about everything i said. and too say that the majority of domestic spreads are old skool is b*ll***s the majority are so called handmen and coursers because they cant handle site work. might sound harsh but its true. the labour goverment has spent millions on free training for people that under any other society would be driving forklifts or stacking shelfs because they are not cut out to make first class spreads but now they end up on the trowel thanks to 10 days courses etc. and they are quite happy to work for 80-100 a day because its a nice easy life for them. so this works in turn to degrade the plastering trade. i worked at a firm that had over 200 men working for it at one stage. and i would go around and talk to the lads. and heres what i found talk to one chap oh yea i used to work in a factory the next one ex security guard another one used to work in a chippy. and here they are now working away on site. and guess what everyone of them was s**t and slow at there job compared to the lads who are born and bred spreads.

craigpalmer18 said:
first point i never said a reskim in 2 days more like 5 but your standard semi on new work any spread and lab should knock it out in 2 days i dont care what your saying the only people who argue about this are the ones who cant hack it, i know a spread who is old 68 and still works on site and he is pulling 700 quid a week on 2 quid a metre which i think is good going for his age. and i am right about everything i said. and too say that the majority of domestic spreads are old skool is b*ll***s the majority are so called handmen and coursers because they cant handle site work. might sound harsh but its true. the labour goverment has spent millions on free training for people that under any other society would be driving forklifts or stacking shelfs because they are not cut out to make first class spreads but now they end up on the trowel thanks to 10 days courses etc. and they are quite happy to work for 80-100 a day because its a nice easy life for them. so this works in turn to degrade the plastering trade. i worked at a firm that had over 200 men working for it at one stage. and i would go around and talk to the lads. and heres what i found talk to one chap oh yea i used to work in a factory the next one ex security guard another one used to work in a chippy. and here they are now working away on site. and guess what everyone of them was (german word) and slow at there job compared to the lads who are born and bred spreads.

You have got to be talkin about red rose lol

craigpalmer18 said:
first point i never said a reskim in 2 days more like 5 but your standard semi on new work any spread and lab should knock it out in 2 days i dont care what your saying the only people who argue about this are the ones who cant hack it, i know a spread who is old 68 and still works on site and he is pulling 700 quid a week on 2 quid a metre which i think is good going for his age. and i am right about everything i said. and too say that the majority of domestic spreads are old skool is b*ll***s the majority are so called handmen and coursers because they cant handle site work. might sound harsh but its true. the labour goverment has spent millions on free training for people that under any other society would be driving forklifts or stacking shelfs because they are not cut out to make first class spreads but now they end up on the trowel thanks to 10 days courses etc. and they are quite happy to work for 80-100 a day because its a nice easy life for them. so this works in turn to degrade the plastering trade. i worked at a firm that had over 200 men working for it at one stage. and i would go around and talk to the lads. and heres what i found talk to one chap oh yea i used to work in a factory the next one ex security guard another one used to work in a chippy. and here they are now working away on site. and guess what everyone of them was (german word) and slow at there job compared to the lads who are born and bred spreads.

Complete and utter Shite. . . . you get what you pay for in this game, if you want to work like that go for it, I'll carry on as I have been doing a nice job turning out quality work. i've seen this I can do this much in a day crap before, woopy doo speed and quality don't go together you rush things the quality is sub standard end of

flynnyman said:
craigpalmer18 said:

You have got to be talkin about red rose lol

First time I worked for red rose darren knowles was on the brush. When I next went back he was running jobs ( badly I may add ). WTF ???

i have to disagree with the whole 'speed = crap quality' theory. ive worked with a few spreads who will bang on the metres and still leave a top job.

steve cov said:
i have to disagree with the whole 'speed = crap quality' theory. ive worked with a few spreads who will bang on the metres and still leave a top job.
same here, I work sometimes with a guy who fast ,hardly drops any and leaves a perfect finish.....every time. It depends on the person I reckon. On the other hand I couldnt care less of some one said they were fast etc its the finish Im interested in first and foremost, any more is a bonus or braggin.

Bruce Willis said:
steve cov said:
same here, I work sometimes with a guy who fast ,hardly drops any and leaves a perfect finish.....every time. It depends on the person I reckon. On the other hand I couldnt care less of some one said they were fast etc its the finish Im interested in first and foremost, any more is a bonus or braggin.
i agree some people just due to there physique can motor and still leave a proper job but when you are getting £4/mtr for d+d and skim you better be fast or else your making 70-80 a day on a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.