Rendering Nightmare

Members online

Lenny07

Hi Guys,
Im new to this site and not a plasterer but looking for some help on a wall ive had rendered.
Ive just had a garden wall rendered with sand and cement and when i got home from work to see my new walls i found lots of large “swirl” marks in the render. (Almost like a very light artex job )
I called the guy back and after a debate he assured me it was fine as it was still drying out.
He now doesnt answer the phone and im wondering how i can get rid of the “swirls” without knocking the full render off.
Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,
Im new to this site and not a plasterer but looking for some help on a wall ive had rendered.
Ive just had a garden wall rendered with sand and cement and when i got home from work to see my new walls i found lots of large “swirl” marks in the render. (Almost like a very light artex job )
I called the guy back and after a debate he assured me it was fine as it was still drying out.
He now doesnt answer the phone and im wondering how i can get rid of the “swirls” without knocking the full render off.
Thanks in advance
Pictures

Thanks for your reply. I will post some pics when i return home. I think it has set. Would you recommend knocking off ?. I was hoping to use a sanding stone if possible.

Here is some photos i had on my phone. Maybe it’s acceptable,
It just looks a bad finish to me as i was hoping for a smoother finish
28D9C9F6-5144-4B93-A41F-17EA5807EEA4.jpeg
62FE9124-6EB3-43E0-B17B-1B61A76FE6D7.jpeg

I think theirs a gap in the market for solo rendering , seems to be a regular subject of complete novice s/c garden walls on TPF , it's not just the obbismal quality finish , retaining walls with no drainage and lack of overhang with copings
Can't put up with the rained days off lol

Looks like it's been devil floated.:sorprendido3:
The "plasterer" has hit that way to early and dragged the coat all over the shop.

Wonder if the bead was plastic, galv or stainless steel ? My bet is on galv.
Plastic mate 100% i can see the bead. Some of the walls are ok i can live with them its just one particular one and its in the direct sunlight and looks terrible. I really would like to get someone in to sort it rather than try do it myself. Im in the Teesside area if anyone has any recommendations for a guy this way.

Thanks for your reply. I will post some pics when i return home. I think it has set. Would you recommend knocking off ?. I was hoping to use a sanding stone if possible.

you can not sand anything with sand in the mix.
on your first photo at the top there appears to either mud or cats muck has got into the mix. this needs to be removed.
to rectify you could have the render primed then an acrylic texture coat applied, this will need to have a sealer applied after the texture.
you could have the wall covered in brick slips this would give you a cleaner finish.

you can not sand anything with sand in the mix.
on your first photo at the top there appears to either mud or cats muck has got into the mix. this needs to be removed.
to rectify you could have the render primed then an acrylic texture coat applied, this will need to have a sealer applied after the texture.
you could have the wall covered in brick slips this would give you a cleaner finish.

Thanks Malc, im really thinking of knocking it off and starting again tbh. Just painful that supposed tradesman leave it this way and think its an acceptable finish.

You could sbr it and give it a thin coat of render with silver sand , we have done this before over others works. Or do a mixer thin coat over it , I wouldn’t hack it off if it’s solid

You could sbr it and give it a thin coat of render with silver sand , we have done this before over others works. Or do a mixer thin coat over it , I wouldn’t hack it off if it’s solid
Thanks John ill giv this method ago i think. I really didnt want to knock it all off as was last resort i just wont get the same guy back

Thanks for all your comments and advice lads. Wen i get it sorted ill put a before and after pic
on. Hopefully its a big improvement.

where do you live ? ie what town city. Someone on here may live close enough to rectify it. If your not to fussed about a flat wall, a tyrolene texture on top of that would also do the trick.

where do you live ? ie what town city. Someone on here may live close enough to rectify it. If your not to fussed about a flat wall, a tyrolene texture on top of that would also do the trick.
Stockton on tees mate. If someone has a contact this area id be grateful.
Thanks

A good render job needs prep , scratch coat with waterproof and the beads fitted , plumbed and levelled, then the next day or much later a second coat , a 1 day job can often go wrong

A good render job needs prep , scratch coat with waterproof and the beads fitted , plumbed and levelled, then the next day or much later a second coat , a 1 day job can often go wrong
Unfortunately i must have had the slap dash 1 day lads. Just gutted it happened to me.