Rendering Nightmare

Members online

No members online now.
Thanks Malc, im really thinking of knocking it off and starting again tbh. Just painful that supposed tradesman leave it this way and think its an acceptable finish.

you may be able to save knocking off. mix up a bucket of soft sand, cement with a dash of SBR. add water till you have a liquid mix. wear a glove, load a sponge, go completely over the wall in tight circles. leave to dry. i have corrected large areas of render using this method.

How much you pay? f**k every1 else's comments,thats the killer question? If been asked already,apologies

you may be able to save knocking off. mix up a bucket of soft sand, cement with a dash of SBR. add water till you have a liquid mix. wear a glove, load a sponge, go completely over the wall in tight circles. leave to dry. i have corrected large areas of render using this method.
Thanks Malc,
Whats the ratio of each part please ?

You've done each other up like a kipper. :ROFLMAO:
Best wishes though xxx
What would i be looking at as an estimate. 35m2 sand and cement + beads.
I had a quote for parex and it was over £4k which i thought was extortionate but maybe this is the goin rate.

What would i be looking at as an estimate. 35m2 sand and cement + beads.
I had a quote for parex and it was over £4k which i thought was extortionate but maybe this is the goin rate.
35m2 is nothing the fact that it took 3 guys a whole day and still left you with a substandard job and they walked away with £600 less materials and expenses tells it's own story.

With that standard I should think they were finished well before lunch

35m2 is nothing the fact that it took 3 guys a whole day and still left you with a substandard job and they walked away with £600 less materials and expenses tells it's own story.
Very true, thats why Im asking is £600 cheap so is it expected to be a cowboy job. Is £600 too much and should it have been perfect ?
For the area and material used what would be a reasonable estimate in your opinion

Very true, thats why Im asking is £600 cheap so is it expected to be a cowboy job. Is £600 too much and should it have been perfect ?
For the area and material used what would be a reasonable estimate in your opinion
Can't say really, prices vary so much across the UK.

Thanks Tom, im glad i didnt pay any more to the lad. Like i say i know nothing about rendering u just expect and assume the guys are going to do a good job. Shame really that it happens but hey ho
By the time you rectify their mistakes you'll probably be at the price of a plasterer who knows what there doing and has pride in there work and charges accordingly.

@malc, @johniosaif /others- You know about these , I don't - basically they are all forms of thin washes or skims onto the render - from your experience what about water penetration and frost damage blowing it off ?

Being an outside wall, exposed and down to the ground, no overhang/eaves etc I'd have thought a risk in a year or two?

@malc, @johniosaif /others- You know about these , I don't - basically they are all forms of thin washes or skims onto the render - from your experience what about water penetration and frost damage blowing it off ?

Being an outside wall, exposed and down to the ground, no overhang/eaves etc I'd have thought a risk in a year or two?
Then they’d fail on every job and this hasn’t happened

I assume the SBR in the mix should sort it
Not done it myself , assume wall is left to cure and dry , would you dampen y surface before applying

I assume the SBR in the mix should sort it
Not done it myself , assume wall is left to cure and dry , would you dampen y surface before applying

it is just a method of applying an even texture . if the render was dry i would give it a light spray just to slow the suction.
the last time i applied this method was on a school building. the plasterer had used powered feb mix . the feb mix mush have been lumpy as it left brown spots all over the building. the architect wanted the render removed . i dug out the brown spots and filled then re textured the building. the architect knew something had happened but he could not work out what it was.

Garden walls and cellers are always high risk as regards render/plaster.