Rendering below dpc

Members online

PlasterCraftDundee

So I have a small extension to render. Still on a learning curve with it to be honest. They want it rendered below dpc, which I've said isn't the best idea but the builders are insisting on it. Normally when dashing I'd fit beads round dpc dash it then finish the base course with smooth cement keeping it back maybe 5 or 10mm so the water doesn't run down it. But with the render having to be 15mm it won't have an overhang above the dpc. What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i do pretty much same thing. make sure below dpc is set back from your bead or if below looks tidy we paing black jack paint. gives a good offset from different colours. looks tidy aswell

I am doing at the moment one- Parex . Back to back stop beads with 10mm gap which basically separates the two render. Will be filled with mastic after finished. Below the dpc- lankolastic and then render .

I am doing at the moment one- Parex . Back to back stop beads with 10mm gap which basically separates the two render. Will be filled with mastic after finished. Below the dpc- lankolastic and then render .
why dont you use a expansion bead? pre mastic?

why dont you use a expansion bead? pre mastic?
I asked the same question. It would have been much easier for me , but had to follow the spec . Have seen expansion beads expanding beyond the limits within 3 years time . This way I guess is much easier to maintain it for some time.

Spoke to Weber they have said to put a drip bead along the dpc then butt a stop bead up to it with a 5mm gap. Is there a difference between a drip bead and bellcast bead?

How do they work meeting with corner beads? Do they not stick out further?

depemd what size you get.
i use plastic. and get same size drip bead as angle beads....
i keep the panel flat and the drip bead prevents the water running back into building. hardly ever bell out panels anymore

depemd what size you get.
i use plastic. and get same size drip bead as angle beads....
i keep the panel flat and the drip bead prevents the water running back into building. hardly ever bell out panels anymore
So aslong as the drip bead is the same thickness as the corner beads everything will meet in nicely? Thanks for your help mate