RENDER, WHAT NOT TO DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
McPlaster said:
Plastered plenty of houses with s&c no problems, if it gets force dried it has shrinkage problems you know gas heaters. We used to skim it with siraphite B finish. Ahh the good old work your gonads off days remember.
and sirry was in man size bags ::)

grand wizard said:
sand and cement is fine to use you dont need dri coat

i think you will find that if it says in the spec sheet to use dry coat and you dnt and something goes wrong you will be going bk free of charge and bg dnt spend millions developing their products for some plasterer to come and say well iv always used sand and cement on dp so you dnt need dry-coat i think they no what there on about its the same as artex how many of you just scim over artex and think ah f**k it it will be ok but bg wont garenty a good key str8 onto artex because they have tested it and spent millions doing it they say use thistle bond it or such like same as mr boards are sposed to have bond it on first but each to there own and that theres a right way and a wrong way for everything

yeh but you never mentioned a spec in your original post "you can use s and c render on walls that have a damp treatment put on the walls but you are suposed to use dry-coat".

i do apolagise, thats if a spec sheet is on the job of coarse and if a spec sheet isnt there it doesnt matter do it how u want stick some sand from skeggy beach onit thatl do the trick lol effloresence galore

Dri coat is only used when the problem has been sorted and its used to provide a barrier for the efflorescence.

sidewaysking156 said:
i was havin a laugh mate

THIS IS A SERIOUS FORUM AND WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DAMP ITS NOT AN ISSUE TO JOKE ABOUT THAT IS FOR THE "TALK ABOUT ANYTHING SECTION".

flynnyman said:
sidewaysking156 said:
i was havin a laugh mate

THIS IS A SERIOUS FORUM AND WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DAMP ITS NOT AN ISSUE TO JOKE ABOUT THAT IS FOR THE "TALK ABOUT ANYTHING SECTION".

oh so im sposed to quote half of what i said in this room then go into the other 1 and write the other half so no 1 nows what im goin on about yeah right im sure you have a few posts where you have gone off subject and where would you like me to stick this post i wunder because it has nothing to do with this does it god what is happening to the world we live in im supprisede u havent moaned about my spelling yet

Status
Not open for further replies.