Render ruined by rain

Members online

Fp1992

Hello, I recently rendered a small side return on a new extension, once I had finished the job it rained extremely heavy, maybe 1/2 hours after I left the job it rained. It has damaged the render and the neighbour has kicked off saying she wants it re done as she has to look at it.

Is it legally down to me to fix, or is it just tough luck on her part? The customer paid me a week later and had no problems with it.

Thank you

Hello, I recently rendered a small side return on a new extension, once I had finished the job it rained extremely heavy, maybe 1/2 hours after I left the job it rained. It has damaged the render and the neighbour has kicked off saying she wants it re done as she has to look at it.

Is it legally down to me to fix, or is it just tough luck on her part? The customer paid me a week later and had no problems with it.

Thank you
What's your conscious tell you

Thank you
If the customer complains then it would be down to you to fix it. The neighbour on the other hand can go f**k themselves.

dashed a gable end few years ago, lovely sunny day, everything went well, wall all dashed,
then a thunderstorm turned up, watched as wall slid down, 15 minutes later sun came out again,
nobodys fault just one of those things, spent the rest of the day cleaning up, and started afresh few days later,

I watched as some plasterers put a gable end on in the winter .by 4pm they gave up and scraped it off .it was still wet

Thank you
Seriously you have come on here to ask this question,you can’t control the weather it’s not your fault it pissed down later if the customer is happy with it still happy days tell her neighbour to go f**k herself

Thank you
@chancers leave shite work
Fuxin sort it out .....

Thank you

I have an image in my head of what it looks like....if it was me I would 100% re do it...I'm afraid if you are asking a question like this there is little hope.

Sounds strange, how the customer ain't interested, vulnerable OAP that don't like confrontation? Neighbor takes pride and it's making their place look s***?
I'd Tell you to put it right too!
Who the f**k would walk away from a wash off anyway

I have an image in my head of what it looks like....if it was me I would 100% re do it...I'm afraid if you are asking a question like this there is little
I have an image in my head of what it looks like....if it was me I would 100% re do it...I'm afraid if you are asking a question like this there is little hope.
the damage is very, very, very minimal. Plus I live ove
Sounds strange, how the customer ain't interested, vulnerable OAP that don't like confrontation? Neighbor takes pride and it's making their place look s***?
I'd Tell you to put it right too!
Who the f**k would walk away from a wash off anyway
Have some intelligence and read properly. I never said I walked away from it like that. I left the job in perfect condition with the sun out. It then rained 2 hours after and it got slightly damaged. I know it’s hard, but think first.

Thank you
I left the job in perfect condition, render was smooth and couldn’t have been better. Everyone was happy. Once I left the job it then rained (like I said). Please read before you reply. I have no problem fixing it, just wanted to know if I have to or not if someone took me to court for it. Come on people, read, think and then reply.

3 time I've scratched a house front and the neighbour has come out and said "oh that looks nice, love that pattern, can you do mine the same?"

Some patients about.
We had similar years ago. I'd just put the devil float over a few wall when the lady client walked in and says "oh that's absolutely lovely". I think she was a tad disappointed when we skimmed them.

I did a lot of insurance work.and when I did ethnic peoples ceilings I'd say what about I put a nice pattern on it , they loved it .chuck the multi on thick, sponge float ,random. Job done.

Didn’t leave it like that, it happened AFTER I had finished the job. Please read, think and then reply. Many thanks.

Ok . If I did a render job & got wash off after I finished :;( @ home having a brew ....

I would go back & sort it./yes pissed off
.@externals in uk @ accuweather app

Didn’t leave it like that, it happened AFTER I had finished the job. Please read, think and then reply. Many thanks.
If you haven't been back to fix it then you've left it. You said it's only small, go back and fix it, you've been paid and your names attached to it.

I left the job in perfect condition, render was smooth and couldn’t have been better. Everyone was happy. Once I left the job it then rained (like I said). Please read before you reply. I have no problem fixing it, just wanted to know if I have to or not if someone took me to court for it. Come on people, read, think and then reply.
Your dribbling s**t!

Everyone was happy, but then it got washed off, now it's not!!
So then you go back and put it right, to keep everyone happy,

Why would you be be asking if you were obligated to fix it, unless you were considering walking away

No one can take you to court for a wash off unless 'you don't put it right'

I always take responsibility for protecting it from rain.
Had a few customers over the years try to push me into doing the job when forecast was s**t. I always say no but if they are insistent I get them to text me a disclaimer