quotes /

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks skimble:RpS_biggrin: i can price work mickeyboy i am trying to see how others price and what is the best method to do it and i'm city and guilds mate so tell me i shouldnt be doing it. really?

City and guilds is good on paper but the proof is in the pudding , I don't know and skilled plasterer that only skims 3 walks in a box room in a full day , unless there taking the piss

That's an easy days work to be fair, i could have that done by 3pm starting at 8....And no compromise in quality! if it's just a Pva/reskim....

And £400 wtf......

we usually go to the job, have a measure up, go away and send them the quote by email.

dont chase the quotes though, sometimes people get a few more quotes and if you contact them at the wrong time it can make you look a bit desperate.

£200 a day would be nice too... you any jobs going?

More to the point, I wouldn't have even priced it when I seen another plasterer there. It's disrespectful of the customer, cheeky tvatss. They're saying "My time is more valuable than yours"
Fuk them :RpS_thumbup:

More to the point, I wouldn't have even priced it when I seen another plasterer there. It's disrespectful of the customer, cheeky tvatss. They're saying "My time is more valuable than yours"
Fuk them :RpS_thumbup:

Exactley mate...wouldn't even have got out of the van...don't mind someone getting more than 1 quote but lining you up on the same day at same time is just disrespectful...

Had it twice in my time and on both occasions knocked on door and said I can see that your busy so im going to shoot off to my other jobs that ive got to price up...

Even if I didn't have a single day in my diary I wouldn't let myself be treat like that!:RpS_angry:

Turned up at a job once and the customer asked me to wait outside coz another spread was there lol ****** off and called at another job the other week and one was leaving so gave him a massive price I pulled out of the sky and heard fuckall

Turned up at a job once and the customer asked me to wait outside coz another spread was there lol ****** off and called at another job the other week and one was leaving so gave him a massive price I pulled out of the sky and heard fuckall

Had it a couple of times, tossers like that make my blood boil. They must think it's like the 1930's and we should be doffing our caps to them in gratitude :RpS_thumbdn:

I usually tell them the price on the spot, unless its a massive job, then you have to work it out at home, price it there and then and they usually book you in, they do me anyway...

I usually tell them the price on the spot, unless its a massive job, then you have to work it out at home, price it there and then and they usually book you in, they do me anyway...

I stopped doing this as I found giving a face to face quote I always made it cheaper then I would drive home thinking wtf did I give them that price for lol. I phone now about an hour after I've seen job and had a good think about it.

I always put it in writing email or even text, no room for misinterpretation
Often asked to quote on the spot , and told "we won't hold you too it " but never do.

Letting Agent has just popped in at the rental I'm working at. Wants me to overboard landing ceiling because it's shagged. It's about 15ft x 5ft. I'm thinking about 600. Day to board.day to tape, and a day to skim. Is that about right?

Lol..

Too late, now. He noticed I was using a supersex and tyzack and said i was a chancer, that proper plasterers use marshmallow. So told me to sling my hook. Gutted on my way to spoons now

Mate of mine is a sparky and he was doing a re-wire of a bungalow and wanted me to quote for re-skimming 2 walls in kitchen and filling all his chases 4 rooms and about 8 chases per room,
I was fairly busy so didn't need the work so priced it high at £360, gave him the price and 2days later rings me back and tells me jobs mine and he's upped the price to £600 and customer agreed so we both ended up with £120 in our pockets, felt so bad for customer but it was before Xmas so wasn't gonna say no.

Lol..

Too late, now. He noticed I was using a supersex and tyzack and said i was a chancer, that proper plasterers use marshmallow. So told me to sling my hook. Gutted on my way to spoons now
Doesn't the weekend spent watching tommy walsh and hillside how to plaster videos on YouTube count for anything anymore. :-(

the bloke is a clown thinking hes worth 200 a day when hes struggling to do half a days work

have said in the other post I do'nt mean to ruffle feathers. it was just a normal question. but i have now got the job so who is a clown now mate? not me:RpS_biggrin:

Mate of mine is a sparky and he was doing a re-wire of a bungalow and wanted me to quote for re-skimming 2 walls in kitchen and filling all his chases 4 rooms and about 8 chases per room,
I was fairly busy so didn't need the work so priced it high at £360, gave him the price and 2days later rings me back and tells me jobs mine and he's upped the price to £600 and customer agreed so we both ended up with £120 in our pockets, felt so bad for customer but it was before Xmas so wasn't gonna say no.

see why do'nt you get bad replys mate. thats ripping off a customer which in the end will make your reputation suffer mate. do'nt understand some of the ways you look at things here.

Ain't being funny but ain't surprised you ain't got it. 400 for a box room border line ripping off if u ask me. It's an easy day 130 for the day plus mats at what 40 tops. I'd sooner be pricing at that and getting work than pricing too high and not getting it.

Must be down South for £200 a day. A good days work this job but a day and a half to be comfortable. That is on ones own. A day with a lab. That picture rail will help split things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.