Quoins

Cheers mate I’ll give it a bash
I have fitted these before many times the company's that supply normal have a resin to fit then with but the last ones i done we used tile adhesive there still on 3 years later of course plasterer help s keep then there we set up a latte on wall to sit them on only do two on 3 at a time let set

I have fitted these before many times the company's that supply normal have a resin to fit then with but the last ones i done we used tile adhesive there still on 3 years later of course plasterer help s keep then there we set up a latte on wall to sit them on only do two on 3 at a time let set
Brilliant cheers mate

You had better find preferably a west of Ireland plasterer to ask him advice or do it for you. I say west of Ireland because just as in the UK the style of houses changes with the area.

From what I remember seeing someone for a short while doing it there are strips of timber hammered to the wall to either support or position these corner stones. And the reveals around the windows are off a heavy concrete sill and or formed with lots of timber hammered to the wall and all hand forming.

I think the corner stones are put on before the scratch coat. But sometimes the block work may be 'scudded' first with 2-1 sand and cement............................not sure but plasterer would know.

But to be honest a west of Ireland plaster would fly through this job. Irish plasterers would p1ss English plasterers as in Ireland everything is sand and cement inside and outside on block. Their mixers are big towable diesel mixers not little half bag's.
IMG_20190220_115524.jpg
. Spot on ye ole devil!

last ones we used we got told to use tile adhesive.. bal one flex.. used it few times good s**t...

set battens up at bottom for 1st one to rest on. do couple coarses. let set then stack em.up
See when you fitted these did you do it before or after scratch coat?

@stuart23 - scratch coat first;
  1. You want the walls nice, straight and level for fixing the quoins. If they aren’t it’s easier at this stage to rule them nice and level - when you go to stick the quoins, they will lay on easier and level without too much fannying about.
  2. Trying to rule off when the quoins are in-situ is a ball ache.
  3. This all depends on the projection of the quoins and how much you want showing.
  4. Top coat last of all.
Post pics when you’ve done

There for when the house is getting built to bed in with the blocks apparently. Worse thing is I don’t think I can get my money back from them as company saying they were made to order, waited 3 weeks and cost over £300
Get chiselling the outer skin out. Bit of luck you won’t have any snow for a couple of days in July/August