quality work.....

Members online

I've never done site plastering, so when you say plot do you mean a full house??
Yeah a plot or unit is of 1 so basically if you got a unit and when your close to finishing and the other spread ain’t you start loading that one out scrim a few ceilings and if in a gang one goes in to start ceilings while one finishes the other unit and if one ain’t ready for other spread by time he has finished fu ck em

Yeah a plot or unit is of 1 so basically if you got a unit and when your close to finishing and the other spread ain’t you start loading that one out scrim a few ceilings and if in a gang one goes in to start ceilings while one finishes the other unit and if one ain’t ready for other spread by time he has finished fu ck em
Cheers (y)

I've never done site plastering, so when you say plot do you mean a full house??
Yes, or apartment, depending. Few years ago boy I worked for used to sub 3bed houses out for 550 after tax, took 2.5days for a 2 and one. Ceilings bonded too. Rates thankfully up from then, but a decent size 3 bed house Float and skim is 2200 before tax, that's subbing off a different fella, and obviously he making his cut too. Site work can be hard work, but it'd not usually as annoying, no prep work ie sheeting up etc, can just walk in, plaster, scrape and brush out. Far handier that way than F*****g about at domestics.

Yes, or apartment, depending. Few years ago boy I worked for used to sub 3bed houses out for 550 after tax, took 2.5days for a 2 and one. Ceilings bonded too. Rates thankfully up from then, but a decent size 3 bed house Float and skim is 2200 before tax, that's subbing off a different fella, and obviously he making his cut too. Site work can be hard work, but it'd not usually as annoying, no prep work ie sheeting up etc, can just walk in, plaster, scrape and brush out. Far handier that way than F*****g about at domestics.

I was thinking of starting a thread about this, what with all the mystery surrounding pricing.

How many man hours is that £2200 good for in your opinion?

Yup pros and cons, pros and cons !

I was thinking of starting a thread about this, what with all the mystery surrounding pricing.

How many man hours is that £2200 good for in your opinion?
The size of that house, would probably take a 2 and 1 about 5-6 says, so the contractor said. By time you go in and head up, float, bond ceilings skim out. He said it took most of them into the 6th day to finish it off. Ideally ud want to have it that once man could finish off and another into bead the next one.

The size of that house, would probably take a 2 and 1 about 5-6 says, so the contractor said. By time you go in and head up, float, bond ceilings skim out. He said it took most of them into the 6th day to finish it off. Ideally ud want to have it that once man could finish off and another into bead the next one.
Obviously if you were able to get in direct to the firm ud get more, no doubt the fella in question wants a few hundred a house to himself as well. Actual hours involved, we would try to he on site for 7.45 to get a good start then til around 4, half hour depending time the stuff finishes.

ive done mine in 2 half days....6 days 2 plots £1640 if i go in saturday for a few hours.
@£2.50m
2 hits ground floor tuesday
3 hits upstairs yesterday (late in the cold)
staircase today handy little shift xx

ive done mine in 2 half days....6 days 2 plots £1640 if i go in saturday for a few hours.
@£2.50m
2 hits ground floor tuesday
3 hits upstairs yesterday (late in the cold)
staircase today handy little shift xx
Is that with someone with you or you doing that alone? I'd quite literally die

Drag the site agent in by the scruff of his neck to that plot, tell him you want more even if it’s just 25p another £164 put it all on arsenal btts and win and city -2 double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tires me out reading that . 2 of us were skimming .over terrible boarding 3 storey . 2 bath rooms 3 bed . Prob do em 4 and half to 5 and half days now in this weather . Took 6 and half but lads faster then me now ( not as tidy) but don' tell the little t**t

I'd pretty much guarantee that any of the older guys on here that have done site work will have spent most of their working lives plastering at that pace.
I used to F&S four bed detached houses in ten days without a labourer, as did my old man and plenty of others.
I think this is why sometimes the domestic spreads amongst us don't fully understand when others talk about this and that costing time etc.
That's in no way a dig, just being honest.

I'd pretty much guarantee that any of the older guys on here that have done site work will have spent most of their working lives plastering at that pace.
I used to F&S four bed detached houses in ten days without a labourer, as did my old man and plenty of others.
I think this is why sometimes the domestic spreads amongst us don't fully understand when others talk about this and that costing time etc.

its finding your own system mate
(y).
then it comes natural.

f**k that, that's f**k**g horrendous! Surprised you're not in a wheelchair!

my system with floating was .....
ive got an hour to be out of this room no matter the size:frenetico:

Be quicker for em to fetch a power sander.

Seen that done. Twatty 'builder' put it on best he could and came back with an orbital sander to finish the job.

Came unstuck with that one day when he came back after the weekend and the customer had painted it.

Thats a.c**ts trick you only go in when done

Yes,we used to do three refurb flats a week , patch ,pva and skim jobs ,£2500 lab and materials each flat back 15 years ago, 3 hits a day every day , worked like dogs , God save anyone in the way or slacking ,,

When i have done my plot and the gang next door have started scrimming in the plot after theirs sorry its getting skimmed by me
I remember working with hungry gangs, they'd be beading out 2-3 flats just to 'have started them , 18inch hawks, worked like dogs

Which is worse, they shat knowing they'd shat and hoping they'd get paid anyway
I wouldn't let any of them have an Easter bonus ball ,they're reserved for the elite spreads on here and superspread and pagey, poor pagey didn't have a chance to be fair after been trained the way he was ,

I wouldn't let any of them have an Easter bonus ball ,they're reserved for the elite spreads on here and superspread and pagey, poor pagey didn't have a chance to be fair after been trained the way he was ,

@Marshy can have mine. I had a dream about fcuking Marshy last night. I was deployed somewhere or other in this s**t ty portakabin so I had to go out to get a wash or a brew, I can't remember which but I discovered that I could almost levitate. Just a little push with one foot and I could glide along, which I was happy about because there was snow. When I got to where I was going, there was a bloke stood outside and I sort of hovered up to where he was on the balcony. He was well impressed, but I pushed a little bit too hard and had a sort of zero G tumble and he had to give me a hand getting back down.

I was reading this amazing newspaper that had motorbike racing in it, and the pictures moved, open the centre spread and you could actually watch the racing. Then I looked in the colour suppliment and there was an article called 'Meet Marshy' He was standing in some G** celebrity chef's kitchen, like the one Gordon Ramsay has in his house, with the chef. Both of them had stupid chefs hats on their heads and dopey grins on their faces.

A bit like this.

happy-men-chefs-cooking-food-at-cafe-kitchen-two-cooks-making-food-KFTDRN.jpg

It’s just house bashing Jess, you would get used to it, the upside is you don’t have to wait till 8 am when the people are up and you stay as long as you want, no sheeting up, just get in and get out, once you have a system it’s easy, I don’t mean not hard work but as I said you get used to it, it becomes the norm. I left all that behind a long time ago just do about 8 houses a year now usually four or five bed at my rates so no other thieving f**k is leeching off me plus domestics, extensions, offices etc, easy life now