Pricing monocouche in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv had a few like that and i don't mind and will spend 20 mins with them trying to help out if i can.

if i get another c**t ring me and say "that WEBER render' in a scruffy dirty south yorkshire accent ill shove the sample panel up their fooking arse

Makes a nice change from "K Rend,K Rend,K Rend." :tonto:

The thing that people don't seem to realise on this site is that there's a massive disparity between peoples surpless cash and ability to pay for work from 1 area to another.

I love to hear the lads on here mainly from more affluent areas of the country quoting all the usual I price for quality and sell high end etc...and good luck to them...

However come and have a couple of yrs up here in south Yorkshire... Barnsley,Doncaster, Rotherham etc etc...

All your fancy saying and speil would sadly get you know where...

You'd go from feeling like plastering/rendering premadona to a very very ordinary tradesman overnight!

Its not a dig as that's what your used to but trust me it ain't worth a wank up here!

Most people who I work for haven't got much and just to revamp an ordinary living room might be instead of a cheap holiday to a young family up here....

Sadly every penny counts for a hell of a lot of people still the recession is lingering and lingering and lingering here!!!

Can you make a decent living out of it? I wouldn't say I work in affluent areas, very difficult to get money out of people with money. Alot of it does come down to how you sell yourself and your reputation.

Can you make a decent living out of it? I wouldn't say I work in affluent areas, very difficult to get money out of people with money. Alot of it does come down to how you sell yourself and your reputation.
How do you get by then ;):lol:

Also wasnt a dig at anyone, just the further north you go the harder times still are with less and less disposable income the further up you go.....although you can still buy semi for 60k around my area.
Bit of a daft statement that, the further north you go the harder it is ,
I'm an hour and a half north of Barnsley, north of Harrogate, it's one of the most affluent areas in England outside of London. An average semi is 300k plus.

The thing that people don't seem to realise on this site is that there's a massive disparity between peoples surpless cash and ability to pay for work from 1 area to another.

I love to hear the lads on here mainly from more affluent areas of the country quoting all the usual I price for quality and sell high end etc...and good luck to them...

However come and have a couple of yrs up here in south Yorkshire... Barnsley,Doncaster, Rotherham etc etc...

All your fancy saying and speil would sadly get you know where...

You'd go from feeling like plastering/rendering premadona to a very very ordinary tradesman overnight!

Its not a dig as that's what your used to but trust me it ain't worth a wank up here!

Most people who I work for haven't got much and just to revamp an ordinary living room might be instead of a cheap holiday to a young family up here....

Sadly every penny counts for a hell of a lot of people still the recession is lingering and lingering and lingering here!!!
I agree your bound by your area ,
But if I wasn't making a living out of it and found it a slog, I'd be changing careers, life's too short.

Bit of a daft statement that, the further north you go the harder it is ,
I'm an hour and a half north of Barnsley, north of Harrogate, it's one of the most affluent areas in England outside of London. An average semi is 300k plus.
If you think im daft maybe your affluent area has sent you a bit daft in the head...im sure you would deny that your area is the exception to the rule in the north but that is neither here nor there for me.

theres rich and poor areas everywhere... I think the north is stereotyped far too much and maybe used as an excuse??

There are some towns near me down soufff that I wont go to because it is desperate... plenty of money to be made anywhere :D

I dont know anyone who uses it as an excuse, i just accept i wont be able to earn as much for the same work up where i am.

To say the North is harder to make a living then in the south in general is a ridiculous statement. Theres poor and affluent areas everywhere isn't there.

I dont know anyone who uses it as an excuse, i just accept i wont be able to earn as much for the same work up where i am.
Load of Bollox that
Although your not a plasterer are you?
Mono and rendering prices are a lot lower down my way,southwest.
I do ok!!

it just depends on the customer, some parts of sheffield are nice others are poor, some spend and some don't it can be anywhere, its usually about the individual and not the area

iv had a funny day though, Krend emailed me with details of a job.

turns out iv already priced the job but the customer has gone to k rend direct for some reason and she's landed straight back on me.

she called me - i priced - she called krend and they sent her back my way.

while this is going on she's had another quote from a guy doing weber, strip and straight back on (no prep) offering weber full manufacturers guarantee and she has asked me if putting it on at 30mm is excessive as this other guy wants to do that.

he is a builder/maintenance guy getting himself wrapped up in his own lies and bullshite

Last edited:
Load of Bollox that
Although your not a plasterer are you?
Mono and rendering prices are a lot lower down my way,southwest.
I do ok!!
Call it bollox if you like but i know my area pretty well....feel free to ask your silly rhetorical questions....you know the answer as ive made no secret on here over what im doing.

Lads lads lads, money is smaller in some areas, but it's all down to cost of living in said area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call it bollox if you like but i know my area pretty well....feel free to ask your silly rhetorical questions....you know the answer as ive made no secret on here over what im doing.
Not sure I can be bothered to answer back
Your not even a spread!!!

Not sure I can be bothered to answer back
Your not even a spread!!!
Feel free to never be bothered to answer one of my posts ever again....i would possitivly prefer it(y)

It's all depends on the individual.

Iv worked in some of the nicest areas of Sheffield Hallam, Fulwood, Dore some will spend, others want a bargain and are tight.

Same goes for Rotherham and poorer parts of Sheffield some will spend decent money if they have pride in their homes and don't mind paying extra for a better job

I was working on a school refurb in 2007 trades and spreads from the areas lodan and zombie mention were often travelling to Nottingham to do work...at that time everyone I knew had no work in there areas, I can see it might still be the same now.

I was working on a school refurb in 2007 trades and spreads from the areas lodan and zombie mention were often travelling to Nottingham to do work...at that time everyone I knew had no work in there areas, I can see it might still be the same now.

Not so much no work just lower rates than some of the figured people mention on here....i know bobby is trying to trivialise what i say because im not a qualified plasterer but ive been involved with a lot of trades over the years as i've renovated houses and come from a family of tradesman so i understand very well achievable rates around my area i just maybe overly generalised when i said the further north you go it gets cheaper but i still stick by that seems to be the general trend along with lower house prices to match the lower income.

.....and when you compare it to the south- higher payments and higher prices. Doubt there is a much difference tbh.

To be fair I was lucky when I moved to Ilkeston from Nottingham it's an old mining town when I moved here not alot was going on but since has boomed with out of towners moving in and spending on property they will pay for the monocouche prices but 10 minutes away Heanor, langley Mill totally different.
I get what you saying

To be fair I was lucky when I moved to Ilkeston from Nottingham it's an old mining town when I moved here not alot was going on but since has boomed with out of towners moving in and spending on property they will pay for the monocouche prices but 10 minutes away Heanor, langley Mill totally different.
I get what you saying
Do you ever work in the park Pete? Plenty of money there.

I get what you saying
Fess up @theplasterman.....what team do you support....anyone is fine just dont say you're a rams fan?

dont target the poorer areas of town... I rather work a few days a week on good money than all the time for the same money

dont target the poorer areas of town... I rather work a few days a week on good money than all the time for the same money

A price is a price Danny, doesn't matter what part of town it's in, it's whether the client goes with it is the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done jobs in the poorer parts up here and they always pay soon as you've tidied up and it's always cash. It's the posher parts where it's like pulling teeth to get squared up

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I've done jobs in the poorer parts up here and they always pay soon as you've tidied up and it's always cash. It's the posher parts where it's like pulling teeth to get squared up

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
And they are more likely to make food for us and don't hesitate to other coffee or tea

Status
Not open for further replies.