Preparing fireboard for skimming

Members online

pedzblue

I'm nearing completion of an extension shell build where I'll be doing most of the internal work.

I can't seem to find any images or sufficient info to tell me if I need to scrimp or use beading for the joins of the fireboard (pink) to box/case-in around the five steels which are exposed. I'm planning to do the noggins into the web of the steels this weekend and do the fireboarding once the electrician has fed any cabling, and have the pink board skimmed with the rest of the ceiling and walls.

Would be great to get some feedback.

TIA

I'm nearing completion of an extension shell build where I'll be doing most of the internal work.

I can't seem to find any images or sufficient info to tell me if I need to scrimp or use beading for the joins of the fireboard (pink) to box/case-in around the five steels which are exposed. I'm planning to do the noggins into the web of the steels this weekend and do the fireboarding once the electrician has fed any cabling, and have the pink board skimmed with the rest of the ceiling and walls.

TIA

Just scrim and bead corners as normal. You can put a bit of grab adhesive on the back of the noggins before whacking them into the web if you like, or if you don't like, don't put any grab adhesive on the back of the noggins before whacking them into the web.

TIA
What do you mean by “scrimp”?.

Because its magic fireboard that doesn't crack and magically makes a nice corner when skimmed silly
Oh that pink fibreboard. Or course. I knew that if there was one person on this forum with the answer to that question it would be you mate

TIA
scrim joints and tape your beads on with beadfix tape.

I've lost count of the number of beams I've boxed in over the years, and I have a foolproof method.

1) Look at the beam/s with the building control inspector. Both of us point at things and make notes.
2) Bin notes and phone a plasterer (usually Lee).
3) Move some stuff about.
4) Make a list.
5) Go for a Costa.
6) Come back the next day and chat to the customer and agree the boxing looks very neat.
7) Check the stage payment has gone into the bank, go for a Costa.

You’re probaby right there.People have no problem paying the plumber,electrician,kitchen man top dollar but some for some reason always try to drive down the plasterer.The hardest working and skilled of the whole f**k**g lot of them.
Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

You’re probaby right there.People have no problem paying the plumber,electrician,kitchen man top dollar but some for some reason always try to drive down the plasterer.The hardest working and skilled of the whole f**k**g lot of them.
mikekoziol yes GIF by Bizness Rebels