Popcorn ceiling

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would for £50 :RpS_mellow:

That's all well and good but, i've just had a quote from another Plasterer and he says he will do it for £40 quid i'd really prefer you to do it so do you think you could better his quote :RpS_unsure:

That's all well and good but, i've just had a quote from another Plasterer and he says he will do it for £40 quid i'd really prefer you to do it so do you think you could better his quote :RpS_unsure:
yeah no problem :RpS_thumbsup:

same here Zombie, before the forum I never even considered scrapping artex to be a risk :RpS_unsure:

Correct, @Olican and @zombie
All this get it tested **** comes from the course brigade.
How about us lads who've been at it decades get our lungs tested for all the gypsum and black lime we've breathed in?
Testing artex!
No fkers gonna pay for testing when most mugs are doing the ceiling for a ton all in anyway. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need to do is go back and repeatedly punch them in the face till they agree to ALL your terms!!?? :RpS_thumbup:

How about us lads who've been at it decades get our lungs tested for all the gypsum and black lime we've breathed in?
Testing artex!
No fkers gonna pay for testing when most mugs are doing the ceiling for a ton all in anyway. Lol

Disagree mate, we test asbestos regularly and whenever I mention it to customers most are pretty keen to have it done. £21.60 hardly going to break the bank. The way I see it is I'm an employer and I have a duty of care to employees, these things could come back and bite you in the arse. If your working on your own and your not arsed then of course scrape away but if your telling someone to scrape away it's a different ball game.

Testing artex!

Its got nowt to do with coursers.............Customers are more clued up nowadays and whether its minimal or not its still asbestos

Disagree mate, we test asbestos regularly and whenever I mention it to customers most are pretty keen to have it done. £21.60 hardly going to break the bank. The way I see it is I'm an employer and I have a duty of care to employees, these things could come back and bite you in the arse. If your working on your own and your not arsed then of course scrape away but if your telling someone to scrape away it's a different ball game.

Duty of Care

Agree with you stuart

how many come back as positive stuart, as in don't touch harmfull mate???

im not knocking it mate, would just love a bit of clarity realy, personaly if I was paying id want to know at what levels is safe or not etc or whats the point?.

As said in 20 yrs ive scraped and same with everyone ive ever worked with in Barnsley.

i can honestly say if i was to go do this whole testing for lab results malorky in my region i wouldn't be able to survive as a domestic spread in my region.

i would say 1 out of every 3 domestic jobs in Barnsley involves some artex which if i was charging/suggesting couldn't skim apose to boarding etc would instantly put me out of the frame for the job!

More to the point if its got asbestos then even overboarding and screwing through a lid should even be a no no then surely???

surley then if your going down this route you should send in a specific asbestos removal company @ £££££ in which case where does it end?

to me its either ok or its not???? i dunno?????:RpS_confused::RpS_crying:

I just bond and skim without disturbing artex, most artex ceilings two good coats of multi will cover. Only time I test is when it is really thick and needs scrapped back due to coving line or skirting boards and facings if it's on the wall.

I just bond and skim without disturbing artex, most artex ceilings two good coats of multi will cover. Only time I test is when it is really thick and needs scrapped back due to coving line or skirting boards and facings if it's on the wall.

so what would you do with a ceiling that's had water damage or whatever and the artex has lost its key? as you would either have to totally scrape back or overboarded.

if this was the case and you result came back as positive then surley if your going down this route you would have to arrange for an professional asbestos removal company to remove first?

not looking for an argument mate honest just curious to know how far you go/would go with this?:RpS_confused:

so what would you do with a ceiling that's had water damage or whatever and the artex has lost its key? as you would either have to totally scrape back or overboarded.

if this was the case and you result came back as positive then surley if your going down this route you would have to arrange for an professional asbestos removal company to remove first?

not looking for an argument mate honest just curious to know how far you go/would go with this?:RpS_confused:

I wouldn't touch it mate, I'd advise customer to have it removed.

Its as if hes no want to pay to get it tested lol. His last guy scraped and skimmed without gettin the artex tested. I know alot do this but I would rather keep it right and keep gettin word of mouth recommendations through doin a job right. If it was a bit higher it would have been no problem to overboard.

R

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

I got a pounding on here the other day for not getting artex tested by a scientist

Was @beddy behind you doing the pounding.

I wear a mask and always scrape. I'm a believer of your time is your time. Never had anything tested. Pulled down an old asbestos roofed wooden garage once years ago when I was younger. Thing was ancient. If I'd have been old enough to grow a beard I would have tucked it in my mouth. Still alive now and I'm putting it down to me being mustard. A weaker man would have been dead by now

Was @beddy behind you doing the pounding.

I wear a mask and always scrape. I'm a believer of your time is your time. Never had anything tested. Pulled down an old asbestos roofed wooden garage once years ago when I was younger. Thing was ancient. If I'd have been old enough to grow a beard I would have tucked it in my mouth. Still alive now and I'm putting it down to me being mustard. A weaker man would have been dead by now

you been drinking a bit early today mate? :)

Fine line between starting early or continuing from night before. I'm classed as a functioning alcoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.