Poor Workmanship.

Members online

Adambaldon

hey guys I've just been asked for a re quote after not winning the job first time around.

this is how the previous plasterers have left the work asking for payment.

I was thinking thistle bond the lot after a good scrap then skim the lot.

I don't usually touch theses sort of jobs so how would you approach this.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20220421-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0014.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG-20220421-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0017.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG-20220421-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0016.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG-20220421-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG-20220421-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0015.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG-20220421-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0008.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG-20220421-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0005.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG-20220421-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0010.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG-20220421-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0009.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG-20220421-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20220421-WA0013.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 303
hey guys I've just been asked for a re quote after not winning the job first time around.

thanks in advance.
Yes I'd fuk em off aswell plus I don't do domestics coz there all shite

This is what I.d do .
Actually doing similar at moment. Though it's not as bad as that.
Told em price (day rate) .explained it will take longer then if we were skimming board as can't put as much on and find other stuff that needs sorting as we go along. . ( previous guy.told.em to uses fire boards all way through ouch ££££££ )
Then told em we will do a day . If your unhappy pay us for day and get some one else.

Any work for next week anyone

thanks in advance.
If youve got to ask how to reskim such a basic job then your no better than previous chancer...

This is what I.d do .
Actually doing similar at moment. Though it's not as bad as that.
Told em price (day rate) .explained it will take longer then if we were skimming board as can't put as much on and find other stuff that needs sorting as we go along. . ( previous guy.told.em to uses fire boards all way through ouch ££££££ )
Then told em we will do a day . If your unhappy pay us for day and get some one else.

Any work for next week anyone
Ffs

thanks in advance.

As Retired Spread said, on this particular occasion, it's more about the customer than the job.

Some customers don't (or won't) understand that a skilled worker is worth his pay. These kind of customers are far more trouble than they're worth.

If he didn't see your value before, what makes you think he will now?
Walk away & let him suffer the consequences of his own penny-pinching without you having to put up with it.

Walk away I’ve had a few of these customers over the years and I tell them I can’t fit them in now when there job gets f**k*d up they missed the boat first time round when I give them a quote

Do you really need or want the job? I think the customer will expect you to cleanup all their shite on the floor etc and have perfect walls no matter what.

thanks in advance.
Not a hope in hell I would touch it ,have some pride man they went with a cheaper price and got a butcher not a plasterer then they ask u back to rectify his work ,no way no how ,u can guarantee if he did a decent job they wouldn’t give u a second thought

Plot twist: previous chancer didn't prep walls properly (e.g. wallpaper paste residue or distemper or whatever)

Next bloke comes along to rectify it, and both his skim AND the chancer's skim shell off the wall.

Now, who do you think the penny-pinching customer is going to point his blaming finger at? :coffe:

Bet you wish you'd taken the advice of all those people who told you not to take on the job...

Just noticed this is in the DIY section of the forum.

Nothing wrong with that, but it makes the poster's claim of professionally quoting a paying customer ro rectify a previous failed attempt seem a bit less believable.

f**k skimming shite like this, had few of them, never ever would I go over somebody's work, as someone mentioned before, you don't know what they did wrong in the first place to get it that bad, anything happens after that and you are reliable for it. What makes it worst you actually priced it up and they went with cheaper quote. f**k**g piss take imo