Plastering Waste !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techrhymes

Up until now i have been lucky with being able to dump waste at one of our local council tips in birmingham, they have now officially brought in the 12 visits per year scheme so was wondering how everyone else is getting around the problem ? i have contacted a few birmingham based private tips and price varies between 100 to 140 pounds per tonne of waste. if i had somewhere to store waste until bulk this would be ok but i havent and havent got room for a skip on the drive.

This is a nightmare any ideas anyone ( apart from fly tipping :rolleyes) )

speak to your local skip firm and see if you can call in with bits and bats. i have got to know mine well and just give him 20pound here and there. or if you have a garage or a space to were you can keep a small skip at home. my mate whos a joiner get one a month and pulls it into garage and the skip wagon pulls it out. but they dont like him keeping it longer than a month so you would have to fill it quick

Bag the rubbish up and tell the customer to dispose of it. The cost to dispose of trade waste is extortionate so its generally cheaper to get a skip. i always give the customer the option to get a skip or dispose of any waste themselves and they always do it them selves

i usually give them the costs for my mate who has a clearance company to pick it up, or they can get rid of it them selves..........surprisingly they almost always choose to dispose of them selves

I tell the customers they can get rid of it, its too expensive and used to lose jobs for me when I priced to remove, as its very hard to judge how much to charge, so I'd always charge too much just so it didn't eat into my labour money. Equally I live in a flat so can't just pile bags up outside my house until it's a big enough load (I wouldn't do that now anyway, as its an eye sore and bullshit) If the jobs big enough for a skip then I'll order one! At the end of the day you need a license to carry waste anyway and it's a ******* hassle finding time to get rid, so **** it.

Up until now i have been lucky with being able to dump waste at one of our local council tips in birmingham, they have now officially brought in the 12 visits per year scheme so was wondering how everyone else is getting around the problem ? i have contacted a few birmingham based private tips and price varies between 100 to 140 pounds per tonne of waste. if i had somewhere to store waste until bulk this would be ok but i havent and havent got room for a skip on the drive.

This is a nightmare any ideas anyone ( apart from fly tipping :rolleyes) )
Thanks For All of your replys

Status
Not open for further replies.