waste etc

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

just been back to a job today, as i had a few bits to finish off, finished and cleaning bucket out, started off down towards the old grid in the road to tip the water down out the bucket to get collared by a council bod, who has informed me that you cant tip that down the grid, after explaining to him that it was water (ahem) he said ok then, i asked him what i was supposed to do with waste etc and he tells me i need a waste carriers licence, wtf, after tipping water down grid, he asks to see licence, upon which i tell him I dont have one, not sure whats going to happen now as he taken details etc said a letter will be on the way, not sure wether i should get a licence but its just more expense I can do without, fkin council jobsworth

I syphon off the water on the top then mix some finish or bonding into the slop and then bag it. I leave all my "waste" with the client for them to get rid of. Pain in the arse. I have it on all my paper work that all waste will be bagged and left for them to dispose of or a hippo bag can be requested at a further cost. Most are happy with a trip down the dump.
I actually phoned the EA and enquired about this, no help whatsoever.

unfourtanetly peterroberts, i think you could be fined and also pay cost of a waste licence, best scenario is you get a warning letter, but beware if you do as no doubt some jobsworth/ police, will stop you and do a spotcheck in the weeks to come, councils up and down the country are cutting back but still need to raise income unfourtanetly we are a easy target for them because one thing for sure these waste licences will cost more each year and will continue to go up,skips are all going up next few months round here and they will put them up each year.

Can't believe you can get done for pouring water down a drain on the road that's full of sludge, leaves, etc, Mabye just a money makin scheme by the council:rolleyes)

If you are working at a house that has a garden just find a patch of soil, dig a hole and pour any dirty water in that then when job is finished fill in the hole . all hard rubbish put in old plaster bags and put in the clients wheelie bin or ask them to get rid.

we always take our waste material away with us, never leaving it for the customer to dump, it is stored in our lockup . which we regularly we take it to the local transfer station.

we always take our waste material away with us, never leaving it for the customer to dump, it is stored in our lockup . which we regularly we take it to the local transfer station.
if you get stoped with the waste in your van between job and lockup and you dont have a waste carrying licience you will get fined and have to get a licience

Av got a couple of players in my dreamteam that are rubbish and could do with taking them to the transfer station....................:RpS_mad:

Down the tip Henry:RpS_thumbup:

And if anyone asks their council for a permit to use the van for a 'one-off' visit to the local skips the council pass your details onto the Environment Agency, who then plague you with 'requests' to purchase a Waste Carriers License:RpS_cursing:

The government are now saying small business have to pay to carry rubbish ,and that can be an open bag of plaster ! think you pay £140 for 3 years ?not sure ,if someone can help out on this ?

I have a permit that entitles me to take 12 trips to the tip per year which i had to apply for, however, i can't take "trade" waste only household stuff.
This is a effing joke. I suppose you can always get a waste carrier license and charge the customer for getting rid, then taking it down the tip in the missus' car.:RpS_cursing:

i got stopped a year or so ago by the police and they checked the van which had waste plaster and sorts in the back (i diddnt know about the licence at this point) i got off with a warning but if i get pulled again carrying rubbish apparently itll show on the system and ill get points and a fine, now when i price usually say they can get rid of the rubbish them selfs to the tip or i can get rid of it but because of the licencing and such forth itll cost me to get a guy to pick it up think he charges £80 for half a tranny 140 for a full tranny and 200 to 250 for the cage tipper..........needless to say they always say ill get rid of it mate

we all do jobs where we have sometimes only a few bags of rubbish left over ,we can,t put it in the bin as it is collect every 2 weeks ,not good to leave it with the customer as they think we are earning to much money anyway ,don,t want a mini skip on my drive as i get so p**ed off with my door bell ringing ,with some guy saying "can i look in your skip mate " now i need to pay to carry my s**t around because i don,t know what to do with it:RpS_cursing:

You wonder why it gets thrown in country lanes as they are making it harder for people to dump their rubbish easily at local transfer stations,our local station will not take plaster and plasterboard.

You wonder why it gets thrown in country lanes as they are making it harder for people to dump their rubbish easily at local transfer stations,our local station will not take plaster and plasterboard.

local transfer station? what the fook? lol :RpS_lol: is that posh for tip?

I have a permit that entitles me to take 12 trips to the tip per year which i had to apply for, however, i can't take "trade" waste only household stuff.
This is a effing joke. I suppose you can always get a waste carrier license and charge the customer for getting rid, then taking it down the tip in the missus' car.:RpS_cursing:
my 12 permits allow me 12 house hold waste trips per year but on about 4 or five of them it as 'rubble' on them too

malc,what is a local transfer station

malc,what is a local transfer station

a transfer station is a large yard owned by companys who run waste skips. they tip the skips and the different waste materials are sorted into there own groups ie metal, hardcore,wood ,paper. these materials are then sold.

a transfer station is a large yard owned by companys who run waste skips. they tip the skips and the different waste materials are sorted into there own groups ie metal, hardcore,wood ,paper. these materials are then sold.
so its a recycle centre then :RpS_lol: piss funny that 'transfer station' :RpS_lol: if someone said to me 'take this to the transfer station' id piss myself first then tell them to get fooked:RpS_lol:

so its a recycle centre then :RpS_lol: piss funny that 'transfer station' :RpS_lol: if someone said to me 'take this to the transfer station' id piss myself first then tell them to get fooked:RpS_lol:

the recyle center is council opperated ,open to the public, and at no cost. the transfer center is a huge commercial waste center, what you pay to use.

I still cant see how you can get done for having waste in ya van. I know a few lads that have a skip at there lockup which they fill after every job.So most days the have trade waste in there till they dump it in the skip at the lockup.........Must be a southern law cos i aint heard out up here about getting rubbled for a license

the recyle center is council opperated ,open to the public, and at no cost. the transfer center is a huge commercial waste center, what you pay to use.
but still a recycle centre then? transfer station pmsl:RpS_lol:

I still cant see how you can get done for having waste in ya van. I know a few lads that have a skip at there lockup which they fill after every job.So most days the have trade waste in there till they dump it in the skip at the lockup.........Must be a southern law cos i aint heard out up here about getting rubbled for a license

i can assure you if you get stopped by the wrong people carrying waste you will be fined and have to pay for a licience

Today i read this topic and i share my opinion about this that i recently fir of my job and i realize that how much i wast my money on idle things and now i have nothing for my bad time if i keep some reserve for today than i never b upset to much as i have...

Today i read this topic and i share my opinion about this that i recently fir of my job and i realize that how much i wast my money on idle things and now i have nothing for my bad time if i keep some reserve for today than i never b upset to much as i have...

well that makes perfect sense Chris.........................:RpS_thumbup:

I was pulled over about six months to a year ago by the police trading standards and enviromental health all in a police car and was told I need a licence to carry the customers waste Ie: there plasterboard i rip down or the wall I hack off but I was allowed to carry waste that I had created Ie:new off cuts of plasterboard or wasted plaster that I have used as if you think about it it is still your property untill paid for by the customer and you were basicaly carrying it before in powder form or bigger boards.

I still cant get my head round it cas if i ripped a ceiling down I created the feckin Waste did I not. :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.