Plastering and pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup... 5-1 4 -1 ..lol piss it in till I am happy

plastering is not always an exact science... you will know over time whats right.

WBA is good but if its below 5 it wont set... especially on LS background.

I still prefer to skim on dry PVA but I not starting that can of worms :)

Danny

Same here Danny. Thats what I was taught many moons ago!!!!

I usually use quite a watery mix for killing suction and keep on applying coats until it stops sucking in. For bonding I rarely use PVA on its own...for example over paint i'll score the paint then neat coat PVA and skim when its pretty much dry. I never rely on PVA alone for the bond over paint as i had a ceiling i skimmed come down once!

i never understand why people give a surface lots of coats of weak pva, why not give it 1 coat of a stronger mix and be done with it. then second coat when youre ready to skim

saying that, i did a ceiling a few weeks ago with matt02 off here, and it took 15 litres of pva till it stopped sucking in. it had 3/4 layers of board underneath

i never understand why people give a surface lots of coats of weak pva, why not give it 1 coat of a stronger mix and be done with it. then second coat when youre ready to skim

Not great for killing suction though dude, if you use thick coats then it just sits on the surface, which is fine, itll stick to the plaster, but i feel more at ease killing suction with thin coat as it soaks in! admittidly half the time I just use the thick mix cos cant be ******* knocking up all different consistancys

It used to be dark side plastering light side decoration,but because the paper on the plasterboard where it folds over has known to fail it is now light side for both,and in case you are a bit thick it now tells you.

It used to be dark side plastering light side decoration,but because the paper on the plasterboard where it folds over has known to fail it is now light side for both,and in case you are a bit thick it now tells you.

trouble is some people on this forum can't read innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.