Plasterboard dot and dab to gable end internal wall showing damp patches

pokrok

9 months ago I had the gable end wall plaster taken back to brick, then damp proofed and rendered to 1 meter. Damp proofer told plasterer not to dot and dab plasterboards direct to brick but to put polythene or similar before latting then boarding. Now all the places were the adhesive touches the walls and the boards is showing round damp patches. Plasterer will not take responsibility, what can I do

9 months ago I had the gable end wall plaster taken back to brick, then damp proofed and rendered to 1 meter. Damp proofer told plasterer not to dot and dab plasterboards direct to brick but to put polythene or similar before latting then boarding. Now all the places were the adhesive touches the walls and the boards is showing round damp patches. Plasterer will not take responsibility, what can I do
Why didn't you take the advise of the damproofer?

In truth absolutely nothing, but you say it was rendered so how is the adhesive touching the bricks ?

As I said it was rendered to the 1 meter mark then boarded up to the ceiling. I wasnt there when they did the job, so didnt know that it hadnt been latted. Looking to find out what a good plasterer would do

who is right, the damp proofer saying there needs to be a barrier between the boards and the brickwork or the plasterer saying you dot and dab the boards directly on to the brickwork. The wall now looks like someone has repeatadley kicked a dirty football against it

cavity wall should have no internal damp so your issue is with why is this occurring ?? Mortar debris ? Mortar droppings on ties ? Brick ties running down from outer to inner skin?
Air bricks and weep holes blocked externally or internally with insulation or other? There are a number of reasons and solutions that I would of thought would of been in yer damp proof guys report and his proposals to rectify??

who is right, the damp proofer saying there needs to be a barrier between the boards and the brickwork or the plasterer saying you dot and dab the boards directly on to the brickwork. The wall now looks like someone has repeatadley kicked a dirty football against it
It's been discussed plenty of times people thinking they can dab their way out of anything it shouldn't of been dabbed because cold spots will show which has. Your damp proofer should of carried out all the work or your guarantee is worthless which just to point out is a common thing damp companies do. Who is responsible is a tricky thing, why wasn't it done how the damp guy said? If the plasterer changed it then it's his fault if you changed it it's yours.

The damp proof company rendered upto the 1 metre mark and there is no patches coming through. It is above this mark were the plasterer has dot and dabbed the boards directly to the brick were the marks are

The damp proof company rendered upto the 1 metre mark and there is no patches coming through. It is above this mark were the plasterer has dot and dabbed the boards directly to the brick were the marks are
You must have water getting in some way or another, bottom half is tanked so it won't get through hence it shows above. As mentioned check pointing, cavity ties, guttering, pipework to eliminate the problem itself.
How come the damp proofing firm didn't finished the whole job? How come you had to get someone else in? Because the job was split, they will blame each other, only way to go about it is get someone else in to rectify it and just bite the bullet, you have no hope deciding who's responsible and make them accountable for it.

That's the perfect recipe for disaster - cavity wall+tanking+ dot and dab. Replace it with solid wall and is even greater. How the hell people are coming with this ideas is beyond me.

That's the perfect recipe for disaster - cavity wall+tanking+ dot and dab. Replace it with solid wall and is even greater. How the hell people are coming with this ideas is beyond me.
Agree! Everyone has their own way of doing things lol

It's prob the shower leaking upstairs mate of damp proof guy and plasterer installed it which brought the other 2 to the party.:club:

I am looking for professional advice. Has the plasterer done the job correctly by dot and dabbing the boards directly to a gable end cavity wall

I am looking for professional advice. Has the plasterer done the job correctly by dot and dabbing the boards directly to a gable end cavity wall
Not if it's suffering with damp that you called someone in to correct ?? So blame who you like but you still have a problem beyond decorating I would be more concerned about that.