part paid/unpaid invoices..... again

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

owed the best part of 2000.00, company disputing the work, then the hours i'v worked (price work)???

they wont come out and measure up with me, just blantantly trying to rip me off.

where do i stand regarding removing works that have not been paid for, getting fed up of this now. looked into the legal side and i cant be arsed with the aggro, so i am going to go mental and take my work down.

i'v told him i'll do it and he said crack on, works been paid for already. company director this

f***ing shame because the job has turned out superb, lot of graft gone into it

we had 1 like that a few years back for a farmer it started with a rubber cheque
then it was, oh i`m very sorry followed by another bouncer, loads of phone calls
and threats of court action to recover payment, then he wasn`t happy with the finish which was spot on.
we turned up at the job to start hacking it off , the old fooker came running out to see what was happening,
we explained that we were there to knock off the rendering.
within half an hour we were driving away with the full payment in notes......... so that worked for me

un-real though, i'v tried reasoning with him and tried to show my invoice is correct and he wont listen.

he's paranoid, got it into his head im tryin to rip him off, fraudulantly claim money.

like i said the work is bang on, about as-good-a finish as you can get, painter is well happy, client is impressed. curved reveals, 5m high ceilings with oak beams running through, spot on job. i'v tried askin what he is disputing regardin the invoice and he cannot pin-point or tell me directly what is wrong 1st i'd overbooked, then i was leaving early, now the whole job needs snagging poor work. its all done through text messages, wont answer his phone, childish in my eyes and some of the stuff he's put is just laughable, he's not shying away from the fact he's pulling a fast one.

hit me for 6 though because i'v put 110% into leaving a damn good finish, and its there to see.

giving me a cheque on friday after deductions for /poor workmanship/leaving early/snagging/overbooking

yet the guy wont meet me to measure up together, show me the poor workmanship, allow me to snag my work and explain.

see how we go, think the axe is coming out the garage soon though

what a **** he is :RpS_cursing:. get off him as mush as u can then kick f uck out of him:RpS_sneaky:

Get a couple of you to Piss in a spray bottle and spray it all over walls once u have got as much money as u can then u won't get done for criminal damage.. :RpS_thumbsup:

take him to court, get solicitor involved, get 2 independent reports regarding workmanship ,present all evidence to him ,give 14 days to reply /pay up, and then sue him, a court date will be set for both parties to attend,you can claim all costs back plus intrest, good luck hector.

This guy may just be putting you on hold until funds flow his way. How does think that he does not owe you the cash and he he has paid in in full it dont add up.
Should you go round with claw hammer, your more then likely get your collar felt so think on.

sorry lads but it blatant whats he's doing. i'll see what happens on friday and take it from there, somethings better then nothing.

got to be careful what i do cos me n our lass going to nz in 3 weeks for 3 months, with one eye on moving out there so dont want to scupper that by breaking the law.

i cant believe how cut-throat the constrution industry has become, especially plastering, everyone is out to rob each other blind

Where are u based mate?? Got a firm that owes £2800, trying to steer clear of the legal route but if I had too then I will, just trying to arrange a meeting with the director and QS

do what my old boss did give 24 hours to pay in full or ballifs will be there if not then go round with some lads
when he did that and 2 vans pulled up ready to take down all ceilings they soon paid up

A fella I used to work with rendered a few terraced council house fronts through a building company and had the same thing. Pissed about for his money to the point where he'd had enough and went back with a breaker and started knockin it off. Got arrested and taken to the station and questioned. When they found out that he'd bought the materials himself and wasn't paid for the job they let him go as there's feck all they can do!

Persoanlly I never let money owed to me go over £1000 always invoice. This way the most you stem to lose is £1000 which is better than £2800 and also is less likely to happen as contractor will keep better control of their cash flow. Lessons to be learnt im afraid m8, defo wouldn't risk £2800 in this environment. Builder I know got done for £10000 last year. Hes no longer building.

Rossi is bang on there mate, as mentioned above turn up mob handed tell them you are here to rip it down and i'm 99% sure he'll pay up, have had to do it a few times

What about getting that Dom Littlebloke and the lovely Melinda Messenger sort to go round and expose all these cowboy rogue rip off clients ? . There are two sides to the building game but all we ever hear about is when so called tradesmen do bad things to good people but never about when honest hard working men 0r women get a bad time from shysters who have no intention of giving you your hard earned.

find out his name and google were he lives.nock on his door with a vid cam. and ask him for the mony.give him the invoce and go.dont forget to be nice.he will s**t him self.and his wife. will not want it at his door step. and all legal. above board

Mac does he know you're off to new Zealand? Leaving early forget that if it's price, He has to let you put the work right by law if there's problems and if he's refusing to remeasure the job he's been a stick in the mud, has he got an office?

Tell him te story of what happened to Richards customer when he didn't pay up. Went on a cruise and disappeared that should sh*t him up. lol

Fair enough m8 just a suggestion works for me, i'm domestic also so prob different. I'd recommend every1 on domestic to have payment terms though. This is popping up more often, can never be to complacent. Customers dont trust you so why trust them.

Last edited:
Paperwork,Paperwork,Paperwork!!! if your working on invoice u must have a work order/notice to carryout work etc... the fact that the builder has gone ahead with decoration, is proof of acceptance by all parties, even the decorators would not start if unsatisfactory, therefore works installed are deemed fit for purpose,

Snagging is Ok, the fact that, that is his excuse that allows him 10% retention, gauls etc.. picked up by decs, prepwork. A solicitor will want to c paperwork not some text messages, get on top of your game, indicate to him that your works r within b.s standards and u know a little bit and not just a Hairy Arsed Plasterer.

Good Luck

yeah spunky he knows im going NZ, i think this has what's triggered it, might be cheesed off that im going away but he's known since november.

i didn't supply mats, but that doesn't matter, i will have to wait til friday and see what he gives me he owes 1889 or 1610 if he goes day rate. i think anything around 1400 gross i'll take it and walk away.

just like to add, i'd wished id have took some photo's for you lads because it is honestly 1 of the best jobs i'v done. obviously the painter has allowed himself time to prep and snag very minor damage and imperfections, but he himself as well as client have both been very impressed with the work which was very difficult and challenging. i'v told myself when i walk away from it all i can hold my head up and say i'v been honest and straight and done a ******* top notch job.

a tough one, id cut my losses probably, get what i could and put it down to experience.

the old bill wont nick you get what you can and then go and fcuk it up ive done it

What about getting that Dom Littlebloke and the lovely Melinda Messenger sort to go round and expose all these cowboy rogue rip off clients ? . There are two sides to the building game but all we ever hear about is when so called tradesmen do bad things to good people but never about when honest hard working men 0r women get a bad time from shysters who have no intention of giving you your hard earned.
here here well said mate

Status
Not open for further replies.