parex

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgreigh

Hello all,i feel im paying over the odds for parex and mono in general,i have been using the local merchants and the price keeps going up:RpS_cursing: im looking for a new supplier,say from the internet,can anyone point me in the right direction,it would be much appreciated:RpS_biggrin: ,unsure if its against forum rules to talk about this stuff,if it is sorry @Danny, you can pm me details if it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I,m waiting to see how much weber put their prices up in January :RpS_crying:
Called up the merchants last week for some weber and this one in particular is taking the plss they wanted nearly 20 quid a bag:RpS_scared: a short phone call to say the least.

Every year bagged render and bucket coats go up by at least 5% I don't know how they keep justifying it, especially with inflation at a low of around 1.5%.

Who do you rate as best manufacturer when comes to prices etc ?

Interesting question for me as we run majority of manufacturer courses so i know who's the busiest, as for material what do you ppl think ?

Lynn@geason

K Rend is under 3% which seems pretty good relatively speaking. Cement prices tend to be the volatile factor usually, along with fuel.

They shouldn't be going up by anything, for the reasons given.
record low inflation, oil has halved in price, wages are stagnant, yet there sticking decent percentage increases across the board if anything they should be going the other way and decreasing, but as if that's going to happen.

They shouldn't be going up by anything, for the reasons given.
record low inflation, oil has halved in price, wages are stagnant, yet there sticking decent percentage increases across the board if anything they should be going the other way and decreasing, but as if that's going to happen.

Oil has dropped through forces other than normal market forces and if you can point me to the large fuel and energy price drops I'd love to know where they are. There's not a massive amount of oil involved in the manufacture of renders anyway, other than driving it about but that would affect the carriage charges not the render prices.

The merchants tend to use this excuse to increase margins a bit as well as they tend to get steadily pushed down over the year.

Take parex going up again, it's raw products are going to the plant in France it's product then comes across to Warwickshire then it's brought to merchants, so it moves 3 times before its even delivered to the end user, what percentage of that is transport costs it must be a fair chunk.
Oil has dropped because the Chinese economy is pummelling, so it's not buying no where near as much, the worlds biggest user of oil the -usa is producing a lot more of if it's own now through fracking so imports very little compared to what it use to, the Russia economy biggest producer of oil, is on its arse and the rouble has gone through the floor so they can't cut production, so in effect there's an over supply, hence the global drop that's market force.

Na, Saudi is flooding the market with oil in an effort to kill off some of the smaller US oil companies and put some pressure on Russia who depend on oil being above $100 a barrel, Chinas oil consumption is still growing, just not as quick as anticipated.

Saying that the cost of transporting artic loads of render from France is negligible in the grand scheme of things. The larger merchants renders will never see Warwickshire either, the artic will just go straight to them.

If opec ruduced output then the price would go up, but they ain't going to agree.

I'm still not having it tho, I don't buy k rend but other manufacturers have had a 2 figure increase over the last few years which for me isn't acceptable, when every other cost is stagnent, including our wages/prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.