Parex MonoBlanco: DIY or Get A Pro?

LM290

I have 2 planters which have been built from concrete blocks (some aerated) and asked the builder to render them with the intention of painting them, but with the supply shortage my builder struggled to finish properly and the supplies he did get were not what he was used to. As a result I think the render has to come off as it seems to be crumbling off too easily. I would not like to render them in Parex MonoBlanco and my question is should I DIY or get a pro plasterer to do it properly (when the lockdown allows)?

Skill is the most obvious variable here. I have NEVER rendered before, but I have read that the Parex stuff is fairly user friendly. That said I know a pro will do a far superior job than me, so lets get that out the way.

Cost is really what im interested in. I recon it would cost me around £450-£500 to do it myself to buy the materials (render, bond agent and beading) and tools ( scratcher, trowel etc.) which I need. From that estimate ~30-40% of that cost is the tools which I dont have! Iv estimated around 13m2 for the job, so ~15 25kg bags?

I have attached an image of the planters below. Would any pros be able to estimate how much I would likely pay for someone to do this job, is there a rull of thumb per/m2? I would want them rendered on top and by 0.3m on the interior too to give an all round finish. Probably looking for a scratch coat but I understand that Parex can be smooth too.

I am also sure that there will be those that think I shouldnt bother with the mono stuff and stick with OCR, but done properly. I am open to a cost for that too.

Planters.jpg