Paper tape

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still get them hot now, but I'm less than an hour away from a BG site so still as fresh as :RpS_thumbup:

Weren't the bags 40Kilos?........as an old dog I worked with used to say."proper 'bath-fillers - not like the sweetbags we get now"

Bubbles how the feck did you get from 46 to 48 in three days :confused:

More importantly, can you do that in reverse :RpS_laugh:

I've been tampered with :RpS_crying: I'm 47 Eddie.

BUbbles i know skim was 40 kg but cant remember what roughing was i can remember cement being 50kg.

50 kgs?????
Fkinell I used to unload them 2 at a time, just cos I was told I couldn't.............. just goes to show you eh? "Young and numb":RpS_thumbup:

Still get them hot now, but I'm less than an hour away from a BG site so still as fresh as :RpS_thumbup:

Weren't the bags 40Kilos?........as an old dog I worked with used to say."proper 'bath-fillers - not like the sweetbags we get now"

BUbbles i know skim was 40 kg but cant remember what roughing was i can remember cement being 50kg.

I'm pretty sure the Sirapite and Thistle I started with were 50kg bags as were all the backing plasters and cement, I think the bags went to 40kg when Sirapite B was introduced.

Last edited:
Were you all relieved or pissed off you had to carry twice as much when it went to 25kgs.....or I bet you all had labourers then

I didn't get to use sirapite but my old man reckoned you could almost skim a whole house with a spot full of it.

Whereas Multi is supposed to go on at 2mm Sirapite went on at 3mm. By Christ it could hang about, it wasn't that unusual to scour and trowel the last hit of the day the next morning.

ck tot he point lol which was paper tape........... none of that was around when i started, i think they was still using abit of cotton scrim but cant exactly remember i just remember being shouted at a lot for not corking the ceiling lines and internals out properly and the scrim showing

Paper tape is stronger and should always be bedded and not stapled. If it is stapled there will be no bond between the back of the tape and the board and you will be left with a weak joint. Paper tape should always be used in a fire-resistant partition if you want the system manufacturer to stand over it in the event of a fire or failure. I'm the firm I used to work for previously, the tapers preferred to bed and fill with Lafarge Fast-set and finish with Sheetrock blue top.

Status
Not open for further replies.