Painted Brickwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
This answers to this mans (Tonev) question was a bit harsh. He probably could do it but just wanted a bit of reassurance. Maybe he has been onsite forever and never had a chance to sample other tasks.

Just give him some proper advice without making him feel like ****

The job is done. I used blue grit, hardwall & skim. As @cooptaza said above ^^^ I was just looking for a few different suggestions. Thanks for all that gave a decent answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just odd you asked for advise. Got told almost unanimously to use bonding. You had a tantrum because everyone's an idiot but you and triumphantly return having used hardwall

I only got shitty when I got abuse for asking for any "suggestions". People were quick to judge when they don't know anything about me. My background is in damproofing so I'm not particularly fond of using gypsum products. I advised to dot and dab. I turned up to do the job the plumber I'm working for had bought hardwall. He said "**** it, use it" I told him he is responsible for any comebacks. And as for triumphant, not really

Its the plasterers decision what materials to use, and I for one wouldnt be told by a plumber what plaster to use or how to do the job, your the plasterer, you should sort the materials mate. it will come back on you if anything goes wrong, even if you told him..

Its the plasterers decision what materials to use, and I for one wouldnt be told by a plumber what plaster to use or how to do the job, your the plasterer, you should sort the materials mate. it will come back on you if anything goes wrong, even if you told him..

Fair comment.

happens all the time with builders mate, they try telling ya what to do etc, I tell them to fuk off if their wrong, guaranteed its you who gets the bad name if it goes wrong.... not on about this job you did, but in general... fuk plumbers and fuk builders... oh.. and joiners can get fuked aswell..lol

Yep, I've met a few.
The blokes a mate too which makes it worse. Any comebacks he can do one.

Sorry for getting the arse with anyone, but it does my head in when u use different forums and people think your this or that.

I got my C&G in 92 ffs, but like I said not used a great deal of gypsum because I been on the damp proofing circuit.

Thing is mate its easy to hurl abuse at each other from behind a screen (myself included)

Put us all in room together we'd probably all get on

We don't get hardwall in n.ireland anyway. Is it like the old browning stuff??????

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

Yep, I've met a few.
The blokes a mate too which makes it worse. Any comebacks he can do one.

Sorry for getting the arse with anyone, but it does my head in when u use different forums and people think your this or that.

I got my C&G in 92 ffs, but like I said not used a great deal of gypsum because I been on the damp proofing circuit.

Fair enough :) i dont think there is such a thing as a silly question. .. if you dont know it you don't know it...

Bond and skim would have been my way as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.