Painted Brickwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not gona get any help on here bein an arse, if u ask a stupid question u get stupid answers! Iv been spreadin 16yrs + gone over loads of painted brickwork, cant see how uv never had to bond over any.

Why is it always the ones that don,t know how to get over a problem ,get the arse when helped ,they came to the site ,because they had no idea how to get over it ,then they always say "the customer has no money ",i have been doing it for years ,they will do the job anyway ,because all the other plasterers ,have said "it,s not the right way "and move on to their next job ,because they are busy

You tell em Tonev...........:RpS_thumbup:...........too many know it all's on here.........................:RpS_thumbdn:

Rather a know it all than a know fook all :razz:

There's those who know and those who think they know and those that know that they don't know and those who know those who think they know but they don't................................................know

Why is it always the ones that don,t know how to get over a problem ,get the arse when helped ,they came to the site ,because they had no idea how to get over it ,then they always say "the customer has no money ",i have been doing it for years ,they will do the job anyway ,because all the other plasterers ,have said "it,s not the right way "and move on to their next job ,because they are busy

I didn't say I didn't know what to do I asked for suggestions. Or can't u read?

blue grit, thistle bonding coat , skim........simples!

can't see what all the fuss is about myself?

biaaatches!!

makes me laugh when people say '' the customer doesnt want to pay for this '' etc.. well, the customer gets told how its going to be done and if their not happy.. fuk em...

Because they're all lazy mongs. The amount of times I gave advice to someone that asked and then they argue the toss with you. Just like this ungrateful young pleb. Given advice and just shouts about it and insults everyone because he's too useless to have learnt it, too stupid to think about it and too lazy to look it up.

So is the question between bonding or boards? You're not asking if you can put finish right onto the brickwork right? Because I mean maybe I misunderstood. You gotta bond it or board it obviously (and you would board it for preference I assume).

I'm one of the f**k**s who doesn't know anything (before some **** says it, student). So just checking I got the question right as I mean I don't know but I wouldn't as a layman skim onto a brick wall, just can't imagine how that would work.

Finished masonry even painted decorative isn't going to be flat to within 2mm, corners aren't going to be even, suctions not going to be even, even with a coat of PVA I reckon as mortar and bricks are porous but at different levels even if painted (you might struggle to get adequate suction at all there depending on paint). Yes/No/shut up you daft ****? Owt you like.

As Madmonk says and a few others..........Feb Blue-Grit/Thistle Bond-It day before then Hardwall and skim.
You wont need to worry about suction it will be practically non existent on paint and pre-grit.

A wall in my house is actually skimmed straight onto block work. Only realised when we were chasing for electrics. Believe it or not its as flat as a fart and stuck well

Status
Not open for further replies.