Other trade that gets on ye nerves most

John j

Mono Don
Mine used to be joiners always moaning they had to spend 2 mins chipping a little bit of plaster of. ....but after this job sparkles have gone right to top . Asked em three times to wrap there cables up and told em they best have public liability cause so.eones gonna have a eye out with length they leave cables hanging through ceiling. Anyway can only be nice so long . So in clear ear shot today I shouted to other plasterer f&&k cleaning sockets if they can't wrap cables up we can't be bothered cleaning em .let's see if they learn. ....on another job I asked some and fat labourer they had with em piped up ." We'll just smash em with hammer and you.ll have to come back patching " my reply was . " I won't because we would of been paid and they will have to pay us to come back because of yours doing" .............they started to wrap cables up

Same. Sparkies, just finished renovating a cottage and they made a right balls up everywhere sockets out of level, left all the floor boards they'd lifted up so the rest of us were tripping over them, damaged plinth on new kitchen because they hammered it on upside down, left rubbish everywhere not made any effort what so ever to clean up after themselfs. They left a back box proud of the finished wall, fitted an extractor in my freshly skimmed celing and managed to f**k the hole up

The list goes on, worst trade in the game
Made me laugh on last job when I said what's up. Bear in mind we had finished and he said I.ve not done a feed to down stairs . Lucky for him he tapped I from a point out side .Dan lol

Plumbers!!!

Eyeryone of them now seems to be a property maintainance ponce as well as plumbing!

All seem to have a chip on shoulder!

Used to be sparks but some reason they don't seem to be as bad these days!

Joiners have always been cocks! That's why nearly all site Foreman's ex joiners!

They're all c**ts, we clean up before we start a job and clean up after. I stick to my guns with sparks, if there not tucked they get f**k*d. Fill the lugs with drywall so they have to re-thread them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparks and plumbers without a doubt, both states they don't get paid to clean up, both are running late most times, both unable to complete simple tasks, both unable to use a tape or a multitool

Sparks and plumbers without a doubt, both states they don't get paid to clean up, both are running late most times, both unable to complete simple tasks, both unable to use a tape or a multitool
I kept sweeping all there s**t in to each room after em

Close call between sparkys and plumbers here in the states as well. I don't think electricians know how to clean up after themselves and walking stilts with wire ends on the floor is a good way to break a leg so we always have to clean up their mess.

Saying that a bad decorator is as bad as an arrogant sparky that seems to of lost a few sockets. Customer/decorators, "who's painted this?" Oh me and my friends whilst having wine sat night. "Just hold my trowel while I go get 8 Stella's" didn't know we got pissed while working on your prized possession

the best way to deal with sparks who dont tuck neatly is to cut their cable so that it is just too short to fix into socket.
then tuck cable back in box for them. by the time they notice or come to do 2nd fix you are long gone.

the best way to deal with sparks who dont tuck neatly is to cut their cable so that it is just too short to fix into socket.
then tuck cable back in box for them. by the time they notice or come to do 2nd fix you are long gone.
It's important to pull good and tight before cutting.

Scaffolders in our case, most are monkeys. Setting up wrong, dinting our walls when taking down etc.

a65c1b378c17074c297b1eb7a228ef9f.jpg

Just waiting for the rain to stop before second coat

As I get older I find that it's not one or other trades that get on my nerves, it's people. All of them.

I want to get a contract dry stone walling and hedge laying somewhere remote. Me, an old Land Rover, a bag of tools, tent and a dog. No hassle, no paperwork, no traffic, and the poor pay wouldn't be an issue as I'd have no bills. (y)

As I get older I find that it's not one or other trades that get on my nerves, it's people. All of them.

I want to get a contract dry stone walling and hedge laying somewhere remote. Me, an old Land Rover, a bag of tools, tent and a dog. No hassle, no paperwork, no traffic, and the poor pay wouldn't be an issue as I'd have no bills. (y)

Same, people make or normally break your day! I fancy living somewhere remote with a workshop, making stuff, no utility bills, or council tax!!

People are c**ts

on the sparkies revenge side of things - snap the holes on the boxes, so they cant screw the plates on !!!
ha ha i asked nicely to tuck the cables in !

You are so right @imago .......I met a dry stone waller a few years ago...... big old flask, nice old dog with him.....fair old trek up a big hill to a collapsed wall...he had a radio and a bag of tools, a sort,of shelter in case of rain and to eat his piece......a happier man I have yet to meet.

Other trade I hate most........painters.
Stinky.
And laughing while they turn my lovely plasterwork into orange peel affect.....
Pffft.

Sparks on job today couldn't find cables for spots ....... oh how I laughed
Love it when they draw a diagram on wall where spots are going and means nothing to us and we skim over it I'm not a big fan of multi turders like an old school builder but not a diy bloke who earning a living as a multi trade met many on my travels in the 100s but only 2 will do a bit of patch plastering