Order of working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisus said:
spread_the_flanders said:
Nisus said:
Why are you worried about the boards getting wet they will dry won't they?
It's only the same as plastering a ceiling where the walls are boarded isn't it?
It'll be fine just whack the boards up & plaster the wall, job done ;)
The boards won't get damaged, and if they do and everything goes wrong well name is kirk johnstone ;D

OK - cheers!

you're right, the paper on the plasterboard will dry but maybe i rip it up with the float while working the walls when it's wet, that's all i was worried of.

But guys - OK. I'll do the ceiling first ok LOL ;D

Even if you do damage the plasterboard ceiling with your trowel
you will be taping & jointing the ceiling so you can use the joint compound to repair any damage,
but if you are that worried just take your time at the ceiling line, it'll be fine.
Thought you had my back! OOOhhhh you bitch ;D

Nisus said:
Nisus said:
It's only the same as plastering a ceiling where the walls are boarded isn't it?
The boards won't get damaged, and if they do and everything goes wrong well name is kirk johnstone ;D

OK - cheers!

you're right, the paper on the plasterboard will dry but maybe i rip it up with the float while working the walls when it's wet, that's all i was worried of.

Even if you do damage the plasterboard ceiling with your trowel
you will be taping & jointing the ceiling so you can use the joint compound to repair any damage,
but if you are that worried just take your time at the ceiling line, it'll be fine.
Cheers nisus, just what I needed 8)

Gonna have to tape/scrim (whatever you like to call it wherever you may be) all around the corner ceiling/wall join anyway and will use a coat of joint compound to put that in place all around the edge of the ceiling BEFORE plastering the wall.
That way my corner scrim to strengthen the join is in place AND the paper on the plasterboard will be covered with a layer of joint compound ;)
Thanks for you helpfulness, think we got to the ideal solution in the end despite the flames on the way LOL ;D

Bruce Willis said:
Plaster board can get wet with a brush/ splash etc and just dry out. Nisus answered your question already. In fact your question was answered 4 times but that didnt seem good enough. When was I sarky in my previous posts?

yes he has, very well.

As i stated before about previous answers, i just asked for clarification of terminology in those posts. I wasn't questioning right or wrongness of those answers - just asking for more info. That's not really so bad is it?

Nisus said:

OK - cheers!

cant u put some duct tape around first and then pull it off afterwards

Bruce Willis said:
Plaster board can get wet with a brush/ splash etc and just dry out. Nisus answered your question already. In fact your question was answered 4 times but that didnt seem good enough. When was I sarky in my previous posts?

yes he has, very well.

As i stated before about previous answers, i just asked for clarification of terminology in those posts. I wasn't questioning right or wrongness of those answers - just asking for more info. That's not really so bad is it?
What were you gonna do turn a hose on the walls! Didnt answer the question . now go and buy some tiles.

tex it all said:
caulking is also a term we used to use for feathering out our tapes before applying finish [bit of useless information] ;D
Back in the dark ages of Artexing.

Betty Swollocks said:
In my countriy wot i do is plastrer teh walls first
then put up plastrer bords because yuo dont wanting to get plastrer bords wet
yuo can aswell damige the plastrer bords with a steal flowt or trowl

thank yuo four my helps ;D
did you know that there is a SPELL CHECKER on this site :-X

Betty Swollocks said:

You're funny!

Betty Swollocks said:

did you train soft lad ? :D

tex it all said:
caulking is also a term we used to use for feathering out our tapes before applying finish [bit of useless information] ;D
All info welcome Tex! Guess what i'll also be doing all around the edge of the plaster board ceiling after i've applied tape right into the corners - feather in that tape on the plasterboard ceiling.

Betty Swollocks said:
After all that's been said I guess he's trying to taRp me? ???

No no - betty you're not gonna convince me otherwise now! multiple experts have spoken and i'm going with their advice.
Thanks for those that have helped, despite the insults, much appreciated all 8)

Bruce Willis said:
Bruce Willis said:

yes he has, very well.

What were you gonna do turn a hose on the walls! Didnt answer the question . now go and buy some tiles.
ha, you mock but actually i do sometimes use a hose to wet the walls when i have allot of m² on, just before sponging and finishing! goes faster than splashing it on with a brush when i have to limit splashing.

Onecoater said:
Bruce Willis said:
Bruce Willis said:

yes he has, very well.

ha, you mock but actually i do sometimes use a hose to wet the walls when i have allot of m² on, just before sponging and finishing! goes faster than splashing it on with a brush when i have to limit splashing.
Then why are you asking stupid questions about wetting plaster boards if you know how its done numpty. Still didnt answer the question cowboy.

I didn't say i knew how it was done in my last post - I was responding to the hosing of the walls, that's all. Which i do lightly sometimes.
Tex + Nisus have been great with advice and have helped me get a good idea how best to do it now.
Unfortunately you seem to have to become abusive if anyone dares to ask something that you judge that they should know.
The whole point of a forum is to be able to ask stuff, i really don't see why you are so quick to rage and abuse, most everyone else seems to remain civil and can answer normally..

Onecoater said:
I didn't say i knew how it was done in my last post - I was responding to the hosing of the walls, that's all. Which i do lightly sometimes.
Tex + Nisus have been great with advice and have helped me get a good idea how best to do it now.
Unfortunately you seem to have to become abusive if anyone dares to ask something that you judge that they should know.
The whole point of a forum is to be able to ask stuff, i really don't see why you are so quick to rage and abuse, most everyone else seems to remain civil and can answer normally..
You cheeky t**t, I was helping you and you came back with sarcasm so what do you expect love?! Still havent answered the question thats because you are wrong and full of s**t. I asked if you could tape n joint to a good standard because no one could get why you wanted to work backwards. You sounded like Joe public thats why I asked if you were sure you could tape n joint. Plus I never stated "you dont know what you are doin" kind of thing. Still aint answered the question. Now f**k offbitch.

" The whole point of a forum is to be able to ask stuff, i really don't see why you are so quick to rage and abuse, most everyone else seems to remain civil and can answer normally "..

Well onecoater i can answer that question for you easily.
Your obviously not born in this once great country ENGLAND , and here taking jobs of our own people.
my advice to you my freind is to f~~k off back where you come from and take your tape and jointing kit with you.

your not welcome on here onecoater because you a fick cu nt

skimmin2day said:
" The whole point of a forum is to be able to ask stuff, i really don't see why you are so quick to rage and abuse, most everyone else seems to remain civil and can answer normally "..

Well onecoater i can answer that question for you easily.
Your obviously not born in this once great country ENGLAND , and here taking jobs of our own people.
my advice to you my freind is to f~~k off back where you come from and take your tape and jointing kit with you.
So your answer to why bruce is abusive, is that you really reckon that i'm not from the UK and am stealing your Jobs. You abuse people like that for no reason do you?
That's called racism isn't it? Bet you belong to the BNP ;) LOL

plus i like it when one pipes up with abuse then many more jump on the bandwagon for the fun of it LOL ;D

i think what were getting at is we all tryed to help you and we realised that you dont no what your on about to begin with stick to your day job you jobs worth c**t :-*

flat boy skim said:
i think what were getting at is we all tryed to help you and we realised that you dont no what your on about to begin with stick to your day job you jobs worth (french person) :-*

So if you realise that someone doesn't know what they are on about you abuse them?

I normally try to help someone that doesn't know something.

I'm not sure you know what the definition of a jobsworth is? I'm not applying any rules of my job to be overly unhelpful, in fact I'll normally go out of my way to help people.

I appreciate those that have helped me by the way - thanks allot to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.