Opinions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My younger brother learnt his game with donegal lads aswell.
Went to oz started his own rendering firm out there.

Done great for himself.

Went to work in the mines for a year on amazing money.

Said it was full of donegal lads.

I know a fella just after christmas who was back in london subbing skimming out @£4 a metre.

Whers theres money to be earned from graft the donegal lads always there !!

When I done my apprenticeship 1982 you had to learn all aspects of the trade . You would normally excel at one or two aspects but you still had to be competent in all . Skimming was considered the easiest aspect

Everyone blurts on about skimming but it's the way the game has gone I can do everything im a plasterer but at nearly 52 don't mind skimming boards I'm still getting good money
I know what I'd rather be doing

The way things are you can earn a living skimming and are better off learning how to dab rather than float and set the old days are gone I'm afraid

Plastering is ****** because of the short courses. End of.

No I don't think they are the problem...

It's people not knowing what to expect from a good plasterer....

Courses are an easy target but very few people who go on a course make it in the real world....

Prices get driven down by people who will work for it... if nobody will work for £2 a meter then the price will go up...

How do you do that though the general public has existed since cavemen, if it wasn't for the Internet maybe and the customers having too much choice and not just asking there next door neighbour who did a tidy job at there's we'd be in a better position
if I want to buy a bed for example is find a nice bed then go online and see how cheap I can get it, the markets more competitive it's only a shortage of labour that will ever help

Status
Not open for further replies.