One coat wonder

Members online

I was supposed to finish 2 weeks ago.
For some reason i cant say no.
Got a hetic life at the minute......gonna have a long summer hols next year.
Make sure you do! I was once like that. Time goes so quick. There are no pockets in shroud's.

You talk the most sense on here. There are people who can't one coat, there are people who can't two coat, and there are people who don't know how to sponge. But at the end of the day, s**t work is s**t work and good work is good work it does not mater how it is done. I one coat plasterboard but fill the joints and reveals. Been doing it 40 yrs and never had problems.

Fill the joints and reveals? Two coat then?

God its getting soooooo boring having to tell people how to 1 coat it's an absolute piece of piss....

I defy anyone to be able to pull any of my 1 coat work on board work!.

Dub out beads and joints, door frames etc first...

Forget all this speedskim and sponges unless you particularly want to use them...

MiX gear up with a bit of body to it apply, 3 trowels job done...

Next room next set 1.5hrs max

( I defy anyone to be able to pull any of my 1 coat work on board work )...?

Anyone can first coat a fresh board, not exactly hard is it.? And why would anyone want to pull your work.? My guess would be most people couldn't really give a f**k.

Put some pictures up of your work, I would be interested, honestly would be, I bet your amazing.

( I defy anyone to be able to pull any of my 1 coat work on board work )...?

Anyone can first coat a fresh board, not exactly hard is it.? And why would anyone want to pull your work.? My guess would be most people couldn't really give a f**k.

Put some pictures up of your work, I would be interested, honestly would be, I bet your amazing.

I don't think I'm anything special sunshine....I'm very very average at best...

My point was that I strongly disagree that boardwork cant be 1 coated that was all!!!

But I'm guessing seen as I've logged on to 5 alerts from yourself to disagrees and 2 dislikes and 1 quote as above that your picking a fight over my joke about stop calling us spreaders!!!

Heyho...

Last edited:
Clue is in the thread title :bananahappy:

One coat and Wonder ...

Wonder if it's ok when painted
Wonder if the Ripple lines show
Wonder if they will call back to redo it

Fill ya boots one coat wonderers or maybe fill ya ripples with gyproc easi fill :risas:
Wonder if your unifinish will fall off lol

I work with another spread who wont one coat but he is getting out of the game soon gonna change my whole set up see if it works

I work with another spread who wont one coat but he is getting out of the game soon gonna change my whole set up see if it works

I've said it many many times @Gibbo

1) Dub out Doorcases
2) Bed down joints
3) Bed down beads.

Mix with a bit more body to mix apply take your time nice and flat.

3 trowels job done 1.5hr average set, 3 easy quick sets a day, leaves plenty if time to prep for next day.

No need for any speeskims, this flex or that flex unless like to use already.

How many meters do you chuck on per set @zombie?

@Pug really would depend on what's available and the set up and if awkward areas etc, I prefer to generally do more smaller hits than say 2 long drawn out hits.

Very often have multiple sets at different timings on at the same time.

Could be as little as 20m2 prob 30m2 max per set. But happily see them off in 1.5hr and do minimum of 3 or 4.

Will just add I don't chase the money anymore and have a glass back.

Find I can cover more area that way than 2 really big sets whilst being more in control and can squeze in other tasks in between ie fetching water, powder, beading up,scrimming etc.

@Pug really would depend on what's available and the set up and if awkward areas etc, I prefer to generally do more smaller hits than say 2 long drawn out hits.

Very often have multiple sets at different timings on at the same time.

Could be as little as 20m2 prob 30m2 max per set. But happily see them off in 1.5hr and do minimum of 3 or 4.

Will just add I don't chase the money anymore and have a glass back.

Find I can cover more area that way than 2 really big sets whilst being more in control and can squeze in other tasks in between ie fetching water, powder, beading up,scrimming etc.

Gotcha. I've 1 coated a couple of times but only by accident. (When you chuck it on and think that'll be ok without a second coat) always ended up chasing it though. I can see how 3 smaller quick sets would cover your pay though. Cheers fella.

I have yet to see any good finished results from one coaters... not that I have seen many but the ones I have seen have been shocking :)

In the end of it looks good painted then job done :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

There's never this much fuss/traffic whenever someone 3coats........surely all these techniques are merely tools/weapons to defeat the demon plaster?? If it's good (flat, even,neat etc), then it's good, ain't it?

I have yet to see any good finished results from one coaters... not that I have seen many but the ones I have seen have been shocking :)

In the end of it looks good painted then job done :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I've seen plenty of s**t 2 coats work.

The picture is 1 coat

Screenshot_20161103-122600.png

If I worked on site I would consider doing this daily tbh. I don't so can't see me using the method much but if you 2 coat wet on wet with same gear you are no better at all. It can be done very well and you would never ever know the difference if done right. Funny thing is on the board finish bags it says second coat 20mins later (guessing same gear). On new board isn't it usually still hanging wet 20mins later?

It's used to say on the old bags to second coat with same stuff. The college in Scotland teach apprentices to do it that way.

We had a rep out before from Bg who said too 2 coat with same gear but our point was it's impossible to do that with same gear if it's a 40m2 wall

The thing is though @Pagey BG will probably and rightly say that not to apply more than 2 bags etc at once....

Its only us nobeds that like to make our job harder than it actually needs to be at times!

Ha ha guarantee my arse!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's F*****g laughable this guarantee shite.. can't wait to hear from people who think BG are going to do anything to help if they get some cracks...

Yet another guarantee that's not worth the paper it's written on [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is though @Pagey BG will probably and rightly say that not to apply more than 2 bags etc at once....

Its only us nobeds that like to make our job harder than it actually needs to be at times!
The average spread will do 3 bags probably get shot down for saying that but at roughly 10m2 a bag I think that's quiet a bit to manage I'm domestic so rarely do over 2 bags a time anyway but when I was doing schools hospitals ect and longer walls ect we could get more on the rep was more trying to get out of the problems we were having with flash setting by saying 2 cost same bag whisk wasn't immaculate trowel to dirty hawk dirty water from butt wasn't clean enough the boards we was going on we're still warm from the factory not sure if that was the cause,but could never on a massive wall how can you two coat with same bag/mix wet on wet is Defo how too do it unless you got the confidence and can one coat properly

The average spread will do 3 bags probably get shot down for saying that but at roughly 10m2 a bag I think that's quiet a bit to manage I'm domestic so rarely do over 2 bags a time anyway but when I was doing schools hospitals ect and longer walls ect we could get more on the rep was more trying to get out of the problems we were having with flash setting by saying 2 cost same bag whisk wasn't immaculate trowel to dirty hawk dirty water from butt wasn't clean enough the boards we was going on we're still warm from the factory not sure if that was the cause,but could never on a massive wall how can you two coat with same bag/mix wet on wet is Defo how too do it unless you got the confidence and can one coat properly
this is what I can't get my head round by the time you've got a bag an half on its starting to go so how can you lay it in with stiff gear I've tried in the past I must be shitt haha

this is what I can't get my head round by the time you've got a bag an half on its starting to go so how can you lay it in with stiff gear I've tried in the past I must be shitt haha
So have I hahah,I was always taught mix one lay on mix another lay half on drop back flatten in then lay rest on and so on but after 2 bags I normally mix up another bag to lay down maybe I'm doing wrong but way I've always worked

I remember a spread used to knock up 2 bags and a 3rd in a separate tub like p1ss, by the time he'd first coated and flattened the 3rd bag was ready to second coat. Seemed to work for him