New trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
church said:
richardbrown said:
I am having trouble with trowel handles, my hands are quite small, most of the trowels i have bought on the net recently are to big for me to hold properly :(

What were they plastic handles ? mts ?

I have a mt wooden handle trowel i cant use and the tyzac you recommended me church .... good trowel but that rosewood handle is way to big for me

Well if its the same brand trowel just swap the handles from an old trowel if not drill it out and glue it

Sorry i see what you mean , you have to sand the tyzack handles with a palm sander or send me one and i will do it for you .

church said:
Sorry i see what you mean , you have to sand the tyzack handles with a palm sander or send me one and i will do it for you .

very kind of you church .... ill give it a go myself when i get 5 minutes, thanks though

just whittle them down and sand i have small hands aswell i keep the handle and put it on new trowel had same handle for ten years now

grand wizard said:
just whittle them down and sand i have small hands aswell i keep the handle and put it on new trowel had same handle for ten years now
Same brush all my life. Its had 10 new heads n 16 handles. ;D

My work phone is the same, Nokia rubber had it for years but i bet none of it is original.
Lucius

Carbon steel is softer - easier to make (and keep) an edge on it, but prone to rust if not kept properly.

Stainless is tough but low maintenance.

About 25 years ago all carving knives were carbon, and they were SHARP. Now its all stainless steel (thanks to the dishwasher) and you need to keep sharpening stainless knives before every roast to get a decent edge. Horses for courses...

Handle size is probably more important than blade size - you can get wooden banana shape, straight wood, soft feel banana and even leather wrapped (like brickies trowels and hammers).

See here for more;

http://www.carobyn.com/tr_product_list.asp?subGroupID=8

The different handles are all interchangable - you can buy a spare handle and then fit onto a 3" x 8" midget trowel (get help to hold midget still while you trowel him) to or a 24" x 5" blue steel pool trowel.

While we're on it - gold steel is (I'm assured by the manufacturer) just a heat treated coating, and not that different to plain stainless.

carobyn said:
Carbon steel is softer - easier to make (and keep) an edge on it, but prone to rust if not kept properly.

Stainless is tough but low maintenance.

About 25 years ago all carving knives were carbon, and they were SHARP. Now its all stainless steel (thanks to the dishwasher) and you need to keep sharpening stainless knives before every roast to get a decent edge. Horses for courses...

Handle size is probably more important than blade size - you can get wooden banana shape, straight wood, soft feel banana and even leather wrapped (like brickies trowels and hammers).

See here for more;

http://www.carobyn.com/tr_product_list.asp?subGroupID=8

The different handles are all interchangable - you can buy a spare handle and then fit onto a 3" x 8" midget trowel (get help to hold midget still while you trowel him) to or a 24" x 5" blue steel pool trowel.

While we're on it - gold steel is (I'm assured by the manufacturer) just a heat treated coating, and not that different to plain stainless.
Very knowledgable mate, are you a rep?!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.