New to plastering..course/property development

Members online

Enjoyed how you felt the need to tell us how tall you are:) post up your dick measurement in the next post(y)

I am from Fife.

Not appreciating that comment about being a greedy ******. My role in banking was to help international businesses.

In terms of it being dog eat dog etc my properties are in Fife but I now live in Perth so would cover that area along with Tayside.

I also looked into a gas engineering course which is 26 weeks long and £8k which isnt funded. From what you guys are saying that would probably be a better career choice.

I really dont get why people are so abusive on these threads. Pretty pointless.
A bit precious.........hilarious thing to say. Ive bought and sold houses and dealt with all sorts of banter. Im also a football referee and get s**t every weekend. I have never spoken to any of you and that was just bad crack when this is life changing.

Im 32, 6'3 and anything but precious which is why banking is not for me.

Anyway... night school training does also sound good.

Does anybody roughcast also? Seems another good thing to try and get into to diversify my skills
Rough casting is plastering

Hi all,

I have been made redundant from my work after 9 years. Banking industry.

Looking at re-training as a plasterer which i know takes years before the haters start!!!!

There's a 6 week course which I can go on funded (since I have been made redundant).

After which I want to plaster my 4 bedroom house which I have purchased (currently a shell).

I would employ a plasterer to work with me on doing my house hopefully picking up more and gaining more confidence.

I am also keen to get another property to work on after this (buy to let).

Should I then try to get a job as a plasterers mate?.........What are your thoughts please people.

PS I am based in Scotland.

I'm based in Dundee. If you are still keen to get in to plastering after the new year I could offer you a few days labouring let you see what the job is really all about

A bit precious.........hilarious thing to say. Ive bought and sold houses and dealt with all sorts of banter. Im also a football referee and get s**t every weekend. I have never spoken to any of you and that was just bad crack when this is life changing.

Im 32, 6'3 and anything but precious which is why banking is not for me.

Anyway... night school training does also sound good.

Does anybody roughcast also? Seems another good thing to try and get into to diversify my skills

years ago i had properties that i rented out, a block of bed sits and flats , 31 lets in total.. this business is a lot of aggro clients, payments,maintenance, phone calls all night.
i moved into buying and selling building land, no aggro , no work, let the customer build whatever they want. you can do this anywhere in the country, you do not have to do any work. down side you will be vat registered, so you have to add this to the sale price.

Just to check how you rough cast - down south they do it a bit different than Scotland - scratch, top rubbed up then a few days later when there's suction dash it. Scotland was scratch, top coat then dash it.
roughcast, wet dash ,is not popular in the south.we do one about every 10 years.
dry dash is very popular in London.
Essex/Suffolk it is all mono, bucket coat, flat sand and cement or pargetting.

Seems a good tactic - try the freebie - hopefully you will have a choice in which course provider you can go to ? As some may be better than others ?
As for helping a spread in your properties portfolio, if I didn't have a labourer , I'd be grateful of a lift as I'm sure others who may be lone wolfs would be -
Good luck

roughcast, wet dash ,is not popular in the south.we do one about every 10 years.
dry dash is very popular in London.
Essex/Suffolk it is all mono, bucket coat, flat sand and cement or pargetting.
Only ever roughcast/wet dash on a pub years ago. Did dry dash with coloured spar on council refurbs outskirts of London, looked nice.

there's funding available for people who are made redundant. not sure if it's Scotland specific. it's called PACE via job centre

I am from Fife.

Not appreciating that comment about being a greedy ******. My role in banking was to help international businesses.

In terms of it being dog eat dog etc my properties are in Fife but I now live in Perth so would cover that area along with Tayside.

I also looked into a gas engineering course which is 26 weeks long and £8k which isnt funded. From what you guys are saying that would probably be a better career choice.

I really dont get why people are so abusive on these threads. Pretty pointless.
That's not abusive, it's banter.