New fibatape

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did it go with the architect on that recent job, did he want you to paper tape the joins in the end?
He has not been back since, most of it skimmed, we did use joint filler which was not a problem as its fast setting and we could pva and skim over it quickly enough, so we never got to ask about the tape , if we did he would of said yes I think

Lee you should have seen what I had for breakfast on Thursday before weber. I can still taste the grease now

I can officially confirm the new extreme fibatape is extremely poor, same old story , scrimed a room up last night and it was all over the floor this morn ,so back to running the unibond roller over it , nice try fibatape but u will have to design a new version , maybe something along the lines of "fibatape that actually sticks"

You're stuck with it, then. :RpS_mad: Was it a pallet that you got?

Always use Everbuild Silver Scrim when I can, it's usually the bees knees. F**k me, that Wack place looks a bit pricey! Can't see anything on there that I can't get cheaper elsewhere, and not have to buy in bulk either. Don't buy that Bond-it PVA either, it's crap. I got it for £5 for 5ltrs and still wouldn't buy any more. It's £7.99 on there and then add the VAT:RpS_crying: And £39.99 for 50 8ft skim beads and then add the VAT...? Taking the pizz, mate.

If its shite send it back. They will soon only supply good quality products if everyone did

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

That's wot I was thinking currier,also jurek yes wacks prices arnt cheap in there mag but they're like all merchants if you walk in off the street they'll have your eyes out but if you open an account and they know your in the trade you'll get far better terms , I find them hard to beat for hook on beads £36 a box all in vat + del (min 10boxes tho)

what ive done for years is as I pop couple of staples in each piece of scrim as I go along its second nature now then at worse it just sags a bit before bedding em down on first coat etc

zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

That's wot I was thinking currier,also jurek yes wacks prices arnt cheap in there mag but they're like all merchants if you walk in off the street they'll have your eyes out but if you open an account and they know your in the trade you'll get far better terms , I find them hard to beat for hook on beads £36 a box all in vat + del (min 10boxes tho)

Fair enough:RpS_biggrin: Wasn't having a go, mate. F**k knows there's enough on here to do that. Was just saying it was a bit steep. And it's in Northumberland so I can't walk in off the street - I'm in Cheltenham. Not a bad deal on the hook ons, but I don't like them. If you can't be arsed bedding the beads just staple them on:RpS_thumbsup:

what ive done for years is as I pop couple of staples in each piece of scrim as I go along its second nature now then at worse it just sags a bit before bedding em down on first coat etc

zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah we do the same if we're scrimming well ahead.

Fair enough:RpS_biggrin: Wasn't having a go, mate. F**k knows there's enough on here to do that. Was just saying it was a bit steep. And it's in Northumberland so I can't walk in off the street - I'm in Cheltenham. Not a bad deal on the hook ons, but I don't like them. If you can't be arsed bedding the beads just staple them on:RpS_thumbsup:
Didn't mean to come across arsey there jurek , it must be the way us northerners come across , have just finished a job in Cheltenham , an old folks home on pilley lane , it's an totally stunning part of the country and the friendliest place I've worked u lucky fella

Didn't mean to come across arsey there jurek , it must be the way us northerners come across , have just finished a job in Cheltenham , an old folks home on pilley lane , it's an totally stunning part of the country and the friendliest place I've worked u lucky fella

No problem, Parko. You weren't being arsey. I just misread it:RpS_thumbup:

Birkenhead is the friendliest place I've ever worked.

But what's the point Andy? It takes 2-3 minutes to scrim enough for an average set so you can have that done before the gears on its' way :RpS_confused:

If we're doing a big or awkward ceiling or one off a rolling tower then we like to scrim up in advance. Friday as I was finishing of the last set of the week my son was beading and scrimming up ready for a quick start on Monday morning, don't fancy turning up and the scrim on the floor.

If we're doing a big or awkward ceiling or one off a rolling tower then we like to scrim up in advance. Friday as I was finishing of the last set of the week my son was beading and scrimming up ready for a quick start on Monday morning, don't fancy turning up and the scrim on the floor.

Fair enough, still beats hessian!

I used to staple it up , but find it better to just fly over it with the unibond roller ,it holds it up spot on,I also seal the edges of all cut boards while I'm at it, reveals etc stops plaster drying up around beads

Status
Not open for further replies.