Need advice on plastering penetrating damp

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
we use to clean out loads of cavitys back in the day
Yeh I know but how do you diagnose it by just looking at a. Wall? The problem arose in the 70's when rising damp and replacement wall ties we're invented. All that drilling would loosen the snots and I would say wall insulation caused it also. At the end of the day he has been ripped off with work that didn't need doing and it looks like more problems have been caused, as usual human error.

Yeh I know but how do you diagnose it by just looking at a. Wall? The problem arose in the 70's when rising damp and replacement wall ties we're invented. All that drilling would loosen the snots and I would say wall insulation caused it also. At the end of the day he has been ripped off with work that didn't need doing and it looks like more problems have been caused, as usual human error.
it was more with the lime breaking down ,pure pointing ect ,that filled the cavity .A damp meter in the right hands can tell a blocked cavity from rising damp

They didn't know, I suspected before I asked them round to investigate. They confirmed it was blocked when they removed the bricks in the corner to place dpc. They have put the weep holes on the inside I assume because thats where they had already removed bricks.

No one has patched up with bonding yet.
Lol so the damp if any will come inside and the funny thing is you gave them the rod for your own back lol

Its rare to see a failed physical dpc. Blocked cavities are very common. Do you have airbricks to ventilate the cavity and sub floor?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

The failed dpc was injected, the new one is physical.

Yeh there are plenty of air bricks.

It's clear now that the outside walls need repointing/rendering and instead of being told that I was told I need new dpc :(

It's clear now that the outside walls need repointing/rendering and instead of being told that I was told I need new dpc :(
There was already a physical one

The original DPC would have been slate or Bitumen which is what i meant by physical, im my opinion never fail was the point i was try to make marra

Status
Not open for further replies.