my builder

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Ive definitely used them mate. And both of them were a waste of time for me. You can argue all you like.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Lodan if I give you £48 can I come and do half...i only got Monday booked in
Thought you wanted to rest your aching bones a bit:ROFLMAO:.....one would be perfect for testing your spraying, rental totally stripped back...just tape windows.

Ive definitely used them mate. And both of them were a waste of time for me. You can argue all you like.

There is a difference in saying it didn't work for you and saying it is s**t

Im not saying you didnt mate. Im saying when i tried it. it was s**t.

Yeah I know mate, wasnt a dig or anything just letting people know if youre in a hole at all it could help

I think it depends on what the slot machine throws at you. You may be in an area where not a lot of trades people use it so you'll have a bigger success rate, in London and home counties for these leads loads of people competing driving the price down, but for some still works out well like gps. I given up on rated and my builder, got fed up going in pricing against 20 other people

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wasn't having a dig mate honestly I was being serious what you gonna do if more comes in? Seems a lot of work for a newby (not a dig).
I worked in an office for a lot of years so keep a good diary, wont tsake on more than I can handle....if the work is there though will work on subbing some out for additional pocket money

I think it depends on what the slot machine throws at you. You may be in an area where not a lot of trades people use it so you'll have a bigger success rate, in London and home counties for these leads loads of people competing driving the price down, but for some still works out well like gps. I given up on rated and my builder, got fed up going in pricing against 20 other people

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I say over fone have u had a quote already if there say yes Il say I'm not interested in 2 busy..all domestic work we do there's no haggling or competing as its all referal work word of mouth so can charge wat we like..

Just wanted to post a bit about my builder as I know some are not a fan...work started to slow down a bit so thought id sign up....i went for every lead in my area and the first weeks bill was £96. the business from these leads are two full house reskims, a 4m x 4m bedroom walls and ceiling....board and skim of a kitchen ceiling and the patch and skim of a single wall....to be honest after a bit of first hand experience I think people should sign up....i signed up nearly 6k of business in a week with no feedback.....if anyone is slow on business more than worth a try...you never know it might surprise you....i actually noticed a familiar face on there :)
These sites are for people who can't find work
They have ruined the trade

As long as I pay my bills and get a holiday im happy

As we all know I have a bed in my van
image.jpeg

I always thought my builder was for the bottom feeders to squabble over the scraps no one else wants, but sounds like some people are getting some decent work from it on a regular basis.

There's sum truth in wat bobbys saying tbf..i don't think you should have to buy a lead etc and its not rite in people stating how much there want to pay for a job wen there havnt got a clue on wat the job entails etc..but then if ur making a tidy profit on it then that's the main plus..but there are for people who struggle to find work

There's sum truth in wat bobbys saying tbf..i don't think you should have to buy a lead etc and its not rite in people stating how much there want to pay for a job wen there havnt got a clue on wat the job entails etc..but then if ur making a tidy profit on it then that's the main plus..but there are for people who struggle to find work
Not a problem mate....@bobby as always had a hard on for me, so not a dig at anyone else....so far no one has told me what I should charge, the site just base the lead price on the value they think but I price the job on my opinion

Not a problem mate....@bobby as always had a hard on for me, so not a dig at anyone else....so far no one has told me what I should charge, the site just base the lead price on the value they think but I price the job on my opinion
Was yours more or less?

I don't mean just mybuilder I mean all 3 in checkatrade,ratedpeople etc there all pretty much same format u buy leads..theres not 1 plastering firm in our local checkatrade there have been ringing me for last year trying to get us on saying we literally have no plastering firms on our website in ur area so ud have tons of leads..checked and nearest plastering firm near us on checkatrade I think was Sheffield..if it works for you its only a gud thing to that individual but it ain't my bag

Why are plasterers going on mybuilder anyway????......
Should be on myplasterer. com(y)....
you know what baddie builders are like:rolleyes:..@Imago

I don't mean just mybuilder I mean all 3 in checkatrade,ratedpeople etc there all pretty much same format u buy leads..theres not 1 plastering firm in our local checkatrade there have been ringing me for last year trying to get us on saying we literally have no plastering firms on our website in ur area so ud have tons of leads..checked and nearest plastering firm near us on checkatrade I think was Sheffield..if it works for you its only a gud thing to that individual but it ain't my bag
Your established though so don't need it....as im new my phone wont ring half as much as yours....hopefully in a few years I wont need it either....as a new business I need all the help I can get